SPS... aminoacids

NAx0

Hello:

That aminoacids you make use?

And that amounts? more or less of the indicated ones by the manufacturers?

I at the present time am using Coral A B C of grotech, but she costs to me to make an evaluation since its use has agreed with the assembly of the new aquarium (including new illumination)

Greetings!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overdose and you will get an increase in hazing on your glass panels and darkening of the SPSes. That will be amoung the first signs of overdosing. Another sign is a brown diatom-like layer on your rocks (with or without air bubbles)

Dat could explain the constant battle with Diatoms in my tank... maybe I should reduce the dosage,.,.. now doing 5ml per day... do u tink I should got for maybe 2ml a day for maybe 5 ml every 2 days??

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Dat could explain the constant battle with Diatoms in my tank... maybe I should reduce the dosage,.,.. now doing 5ml per day... do u tink I should got for maybe 2ml a day for maybe 5 ml every 2 days??

What product are you using?

I would cut off the dosing for a few days and see if the diatoms dissapear then resume dosing at 50% of what you are currently doing and monitor again.

Also, its best to dose AA after lights-out as it has shown to be more effective for the corals to absorb when compared to during photosynthesis.

• SRC Member

i think there are different types of Amino acids, even some are for humans....so it might not be fair make a generalization of its use.....

i have 2 brand of Amino Acids before....one is a ###### brand the other is of the from KZ.....both are does differently ,1 by capful the other by drops.....my expereince with ###### brand was no good...no visible improvment to the color, but with KZ, did notice mark improvement in colors!!!!

• SRC Member
i think there are different types of Amino acids, even some are for humans....so it might not be fair make a generalization of its use.....

i have 2 brand of Amino Acids before....one is a ###### brand the other is of the from KZ.....both are does differently ,1 by capful the other by drops.....my expereince with ###### brand was no good...no visible improvment to the color, but with KZ, did notice mark improvement in colors!!!!

That was my experience also with another brand of AA altho at that time my nutrients was also high and thus not much effect seen.

• SRC Member
I'm using Salifert, so far, believed to be the best... :P

Guess I would stop doing for a while... and I thought there are still excessive nutrients in my tank... :(

Salifert is amoung the best :)

How are your nutrients levels? The diatom might be beacause of other issues like top-up water laden with nutrients/Si etc etc.

IF you want, you can create a troubleshooting thread and Im sure lots of ppl will help you sort it out. :)

• SRC Member

I've been dosing AA for the past 3 years. In my 10g, then the 30g and now my 110g.

I've tried/used three different brands and all seem to do the trick. I follow the recommended dosage. As Bob (Aged Salt) mentioned, the positive results would be more noticeable in low nutrient tanks.

I have noticed improved colouration.

I once stopped dosing AA for a month, holding everything else constant. The colours faded somewhat, i.e. not as intense, especially the pinks. I resumed dosing and within 2 - 3 weeks, the colours returned to 'normal'.:)

Care to share what are the brands you have tested Dan? :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Salifert is amoung the best :)

How are your nutrients levels? The diatom might be beacause of other issues like top-up water laden with nutrients/Si etc etc.

IF you want, you can create a troubleshooting thread and Im sure lots of ppl will help you sort it out. :)

My nutrient level should be very low leh... coz dun feed much and also I use distilled water... almost zero nutrients in top-up water... :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg