Sps Photo (W/O Lighting)

alanseah

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pls leh people....

You all know I always reach home very late and also come into SRC very late one leh....

Next time dun post such a HOT thread all in a couple of hours leh....

Read until my eyes blur.... :blink:

So from what i gather after reading so many pages:

1> alanseah challenge people ( including TOTMs not using Zeovit?? :shock:) for a

"no lights pic".... :pinch:

2> RAV-65 ask Alanseah to show a pic to start the ball rolling...

3> alanseah posted a "no lights pic"... :unsure:

4> Weileong very impressed with the "no lights pic"

5> Scarab unveils alanseah's main intention ---> How to photoshop?? :eyebrow:

6> The world awaits alanseah's formula in mastery of photoshop... :idea:

7> alanseah nowhere to be seen...

8> Reefers embark on discussion on alanseah's ART OF PHOTOSHOP...

9> After a long wait...

10> alanseah appeared... :yeah:

11> alanseah posted long story... <_<

12> very long story... :cry:

13> very very long story... :snore:

14> but no secret formula mentioned leh... :(

15> The world around alanseah crashes as he went on and on to lament about the

whole world being unfair to him... :D :D

16> alanseah goes into hiding... :wacko:

17> Reefers still blur coz alanseah never say how he managed to colour up his SPS

in 4 days... whether he standby camera for 4 days??? whether is the ultimate

secret of stage 5 zeovit that even Alfa dunno.... or PHOTOSHOP??

18> Reefers request that alanseah reveal his real secret of photoshop... :shock:

19> Reefers go into discussion of whether Scarab's 3 suns do part time at alanseah's

tank.... or maybe the ART OF PHOTOSHOP???

20> Reefers ask for alanseah...

21> alanseah!! alanseah!! alanseah!! :look:

22> alanseah went to play hide and seek, " pls count to 10 zillion "... :evil:

23> Hammanbmw still drunk and blur... :blink:

24> RAV-65 came home not drunk but also blur... :blink:

25> RAV-65 tries to analyse wat happened...

Did I miss out anything???

PLEASE!!!!!! Ladies and gentlemen, kor kor, jie jie!! PLEASE!!! let's all not "pressure" alanseah... I'm really very very poor in all these computing stuffs!!! So PLEASE!!! I really really really really need to learn how to PHOTOSHOP!!!!!

And I tink there's none other than the Zeolord and Photoshop Master who can teach me!!!

:bow:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

You forgot how Scarab was generous enuff to offer his 3 suns to us ir order to get amazing coloration for the corals too while we wait for the thread started to come out and explain how he got such wonderful colors in 3 days and how he tahan standing atthe same spot for 4 days without moving an inch.

• SRC Member

Ok, last nite while we were waiting for thread starter to tell us the secrets in 4 day coloration, I was chatting at the same time to my ex-colleague who now works with the NewYork Mayor's office in the Electronic security/digital fraud team.

I forwarded the 2 pics and he swears thatthe 2 pics are exactly the same pic. He went on and on about digital artifacts in encoding etc etc which is like a digital fingerprint , i didnt get 3/4 of what he was trying to tell me.

This is the clincher, when I told him that in fact the photos were taken at least 4 days apart, he was very impressed to a point of being disbelieving and called me a lier.

He says that if the 2 photos are different but manipulated to give the same layout/look/image, then what we have here beats anything they have in NSA. He also wanted the thread owner to join them as a digital forensic expert since no one else in the world can take 2 photos with the same exact digital artifacts.

I didnt know Singapore so advanced that a home-user with a digital camera is better equiped than the NSA. POWER!

• SRC Member

Its not my theory. I dunt understand what he is saying. Something to do with the way the camera encodes the pic. Compression is not perfect and no 2 pics have the same inaccuracies and inefficiency in encoding and compression. Not visible in the photos so how to point out?

I think you are thinking about artifacts in the pic itself rite? dats not the case here. its in the algorithm of the camera. Like i said, i didnt understand 3/4 of what he was trying to tell me.

Will get more details from him once he gets online later tonite. Stay tuned! :)

This is definately going to be thread of the year. :)

• SRC Member

Good Morning everyone!!!! :):):)

How has everybody been since last night orgy of posting.... :evil::evil:

News flash :idea::idea:

Man U draw and Arsenal won, both teams with 10 men only.....

On a more serious note, where is the thread starter???? Still no appearance leh....

Never mind we will continue to persevere till the secret is revealed.

• SRC Member
Good Morning everyone!!!! :):):)

How has everybody been since last night orgy of posting.... :evil::evil:

News flash :idea::idea:

Man U draw and Arsenal won, both teams with 10 men only.....

On a more serious note, where is the thread starter???? Still no appearance leh....

Never mind we will continue to persevere till the secret is revealed.

Thread starter maybe MSNing buddy on what to do/say ala Master of puppets - Metallica...

Hope we can continue to learn from the expert... dunt shy shy leh thread starter?

• SRC Member
I need help to save my bleached corals. I know it looks like a chinese painting but i am really not laughing.

Anyone..pl...ease

Bro sorry to see your corals like that man..... :(:(

Your yellow or purple or black or brown tang (can't tell the original colour liao) must be so shocked at your corals condition that it turned BLUE<...... :lol:

Sorry can't help you until the 4 day colouration secret formula is revealed....best you stay tuned to this potential thread of the year to learn...else you will lose out big time...

In the meantime, I'll try to conjure a spell to see whether the 3 suns can appear at your place to help you with the colouration.....albeit temporary only.... :ph34r::ph34r:

• SRC Member
Pls leh people....

You all know I always reach home very late and also come into SRC very late one leh....

Next time dun post such a HOT thread all in a couple of hours leh....

Read until my eyes blur.... :blink:

So from what i gather after reading so many pages:

1> alanseah challenge people ( including TOTMs not using Zeovit?? :shock:) for a

"no lights pic".... :pinch:

2> RAV-65 ask Alanseah to show a pic to start the ball rolling...

3> alanseah posted a "no lights pic"... :unsure:

4> Weileong very impressed with the "no lights pic"

5> Scarab unveils alanseah's main intention ---> How to photoshop?? :eyebrow:

6> The world awaits alanseah's formula in mastery of photoshop... :idea:

7> alanseah nowhere to be seen...

8> Reefers embark on discussion on alanseah's ART OF PHOTOSHOP...

9> After a long wait...

10> alanseah appeared... :yeah:

11> alanseah posted long story... <_<

12> very long story... :cry:

13> very very long story... :snore:

14> but no secret formula mentioned leh... :(

15> The world around alanseah crashes as he went on and on to lament about the

whole world being unfair to him... :D :D

16> alanseah goes into hiding... :wacko:

17> Reefers still blur coz alanseah never say how he managed to colour up his SPS

in 4 days... whether he standby camera for 4 days??? whether is the ultimate

secret of stage 5 zeovit that even Alfa dunno.... or PHOTOSHOP??

18> Reefers request that alanseah reveal his real secret of photoshop... :shock:

19> Reefers go into discussion of whether Scarab's 3 suns do part time at alanseah's

tank.... or maybe the ART OF PHOTOSHOP???

20> Reefers ask for alanseah...

21> alanseah!! alanseah!! alanseah!! :look:

22> alanseah went to play hide and seek, " pls count to 10 zillion "... :evil:

23> Hammanbmw still drunk and blur... :blink:

24> RAV-65 came home not drunk but also blur... :blink:

25> RAV-65 tries to analyse wat happened...

Did I miss out anything???

PLEASE!!!!!! Ladies and gentlemen, kor kor, jie jie!! PLEASE!!! let's all not "pressure" alanseah... I'm really very very poor in all these computing stuffs!!! So PLEASE!!! I really really really really need to learn how to PHOTOSHOP!!!!!

And I tink there's none other than the Zeolord and Photoshop Master who can teach me!!!

:bow:

Bro you not bad ah, 3.55 am still can do summary, some more so choon.

Kudos.... :bow:

Next time you better don't be late ok??? :lol:

• SRC Member
Sorry can't help you until the 4 day colouration secret formula is revealed....best you stay tuned to this potential thread of the year to learn...else you will lose out big time...

Its the patent pending '4 day color-up while standing perfectly still' method.

Clarification needed: Is the 3 suns necessary?

Wah it was only page 4 when I left yesterday night

Now boom up to so many pages!!!

3 reasons to indicate that the picture was photoshoped

1) Parts of the orange colony whited out (change in contrast)

2) Shadow created by something above the tank is visible in exact same pattern

3) Picture looks clearer (levelling and contrast)

See this part?

post-11-1126746200.jpg

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

and compare this shadow with the 14 September pic

post-11-1126746246.jpg

Interesting!! It is going to be my first reply in Kopi-Tiam (i think so)... I just want to say that even the Sep 10th photo is pretty cool. And WL's shoot is even better. Although this thread becomes a laughing matter, i think the intent of this thread is good and hopefully some can take a shoot over the weekend morning (i dun think most of us ever bother to take such a shoot) and can show us.. Cheers! :peace:

Its not my theory. I dunt understand what he is saying. Something to do with the way the camera encodes the pic. Compression is not perfect and no 2 pics have the same inaccuracies and inefficiency in encoding and compression. Not visible in the photos so how to point out?

I think you are thinking about artifacts in the pic itself rite? dats not the case here. its in the algorithm of the camera. Like i said, i didnt understand 3/4 of what he was trying to tell me.

Will get more details from him once he gets online later tonite. Stay tuned! :)

This is definately going to be thread of the year. :)

Very good theory hor :P

Since you mentioned this then please show proof for the benefit of other reefers. Both photos are JPG compressed and any artifacts would be lost after decompression, recompression process.

Hmm...I better go check with the bangala what's going on ah, those ah neh just cannot be trusted at all. Bangala are much better.

• SRC Member

Thread starter maybe MSNing buddy on what to do/say ala Master of puppets - Metallica...

Hope we can continue to learn from the expert... dunt shy shy leh thread starter?

Aiyo,

Thread starter dun know go where liao. And so selffish leh, if want the mod to close the thread for him, must close the thread himself mah.

Thread Starter -----> Thread Ender.

:lol:

The shadow will still be there cos he took both pics at the same exact time in the day and position without moving a single inch mah... didnt u get it for the past few pages? Weileong already explained to Scarab mah

Alamak you fail your primary school science is it? sign....... better go check with your fat buddy with many years of reefing experience lah.

Diffused light source will cast the same shadow in the two different photos taken at different time. This is true even if the camera is placed on different location.

As for the reflection, those are clearly wires/cables on the hood of the tank, not surprising that they are visible.

oh BH, photoshop expert huh :P

• SRC Member

Wow...morning liao still got so many theories.....so many theories in regards to the superb colouration in a short time. I dun reckon its photoshop lah........ my theory is in using the miracle water as follows:

1) Dose 2 drops/100L

2) Pat sps a bit

3) Sit back and wait for results......

Simple huh?

post-11-1126747297.jpg

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

The shadow will still be there cos he took both pics at the same exact time in the day and position without moving a single inch mah... didnt u get it for the past few pages? Weileong already explained to Scarab mah

Even if those are wires but still cannot be in exact same position right?

And there's also a strange humaniod sillhouette at the bottom of both pics

Don't tell me he stood there for 4 days without moving (meditating?) :lol:

Even if Alan really photoshoped the pic, I doubt he will openly expose himself.

Those who know can already, those who don't know, never mind.

No point pressing him to expose himself and make this like the JE thread. It hurts our internal bonding as a club ;)