Return Pump

SharkBait

• SRC Member

Eheim are better. It has better head pressure--meaning it pumps out more volume of water at a given height.

This is important for a return pump becuase you are pushing the water upwards of 5 feet to reach the top of the tank.

Dont just look at the max. volume. That is only for level pumping.

• SRC Member

it will be available on/or after aquarama. :P

Cookiemunster

y dont u get one more 1260/1262 :eyebrow::yeah:

Hi Anthony,

I was thinking of that too but I think 1 bigger pump is more efficient than 2 smaller pumps cos all the pipes...more chances of leaks and more heat too.

I kinda regret my sump design. The space for return pump was too big and the skimmer side too small. Now I wish I could place my return pump out of the sump to prevent heat.

:cry:

• SRC Member

Hi Anthony,

I was thinking of that too but I think 1 bigger pump is more efficient than 2 smaller pumps cos all the pipes...more chances of leaks and more heat too.

I kinda regret my sump design. The space for return pump was too big and the skimmer side too small. Now I wish I could place my return pump out of the sump to prevent heat.

:cry:

my 2 1060 is external... i also nv drill any holes in my sump. so far so gd...

i m running 1 1060 insump for my skimmer... my temp reach 30degree :cry2: it really heat up alot. :eyeblur:

u still want upgrade to the biggest H&S or euroreef huh?. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Iwaki the best. Expansive but lasting and low power consumsion. Check ML.

Iwaki low power consumption .. :blink::unsure::cry2::blink:

My MX-70 is pulling 250watt leh ... Does that consider low power consumption??

Eheim will be a better choice. Like alvy mention, spare part easily available.

Me also waiting for eheim 1264 for my chiller plumping .....

• SRC Member

my 2 1060 is external... i also nv drill any holes in my sump. so far so gd...

i m running 1 1060 insump for my skimmer... my temp reach 30degree :cry2: it really heat up alot. :eyeblur:

u still want upgrade to the biggest H&S or euroreef huh?. :eyebrow:

yeah bro,

with the kind of stuff my skimmer is churning out (i got to wash and empty it every 7 days max), I am getting worried if it can really handle my tank. I cannot imagine if I am away for a month. Tank will be flooded with skimmate.

I really hate washing the skimmer so often. Its STINKS like HELL!!!! :sick::sick:

And yup the main reason I designed my sump wrongly is to have a compartment for the return pump. It should have been placed outside of the sump. Generates too much heat.

• 2 weeks later...