• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Thanks Sis Lorensia.

However, I am still having problem with my NO3. Still very high.. but my coral and fishes are doing well. Only one of my Tri-color Anthias is very aggressive, chasing all the other fishes including my dottyback and clown. Any advise how can I tame the fellow cos whenever I add in new fish, he will surely chase them until they dare not comeout. :(

• SRC Member

Seriously, i feel it is a big pity to stack so much live rocks into a pile like that. You may want to keep the rocks al least 8 inches off the glass on the both sides and at least 10 inches off the front. This will definitely give more room for placement of corals in future.

You may also want to create prime spot for you favorite coral somewhere one third of your front perspective. That is the general rule of the thumb for a balanced look.

A ravine cutting through from the front may add to the dept that you have with your beautiful tank dimentions.

I understand in the effort to cover up the overflow box, you have to stacked the rocks very high at the back. Keep the front pile lower into steps of different heights will allow for more coral placement especially if you have a mixed tank and don't want to fret over coral aggression and compatibility in future.

Hope it helps. Really .. i love your tank dimension and you have beautiful live rocks. And remember.. less is more. :)

• SRC Member
Thanks Sis Lorensia.

However, I am still having problem with my NO3. Still very high.. but my coral and fishes are doing well. Only one of my Tri-color Anthias is very aggressive, chasing all the other fishes including my dottyback and clown. Any advise how can I tame the fellow cos whenever I add in new fish, he will surely chase them until they dare not comeout. :(

Argh.. when did i become sis.. sian 1/2.. bro.. u sure anot.. call mi sis.. haha..

catch tt fish out might be the only way ba.. haha...

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

Dear all,

It's been awhiel since my last update on my tank. Just took some pic and like to share with you all for any advise/comment.

This pic will taken after I did water change on Thursday.

Left side of the tank. :)

post-34-1145672558.jpg

Your Blue Tang looks purple... nice :yeah:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

very gd job bro newmarine... i m currently thinking of setting up a new tank to replace my current 5 by 2 by 2 tank . I am thinking of getting a 3 by 3 by 2.5 cube like yrs... hope u dont mind if i ask u some questions regarding yr tank n equipment. Cud u pm me how much does the tank cost ? tia

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

Thanks all.

I am still learning. The blue tang got frighten after watching king kong so turn purple :P

I am still having problem with my nitrate, still reads at 100 but all my fishes and coral are ok. Any advise.

Thanks

100 is very very high!!! There's no way ur fishes, inverts and corals gonna be unaffected by it in the long run... perhaps there's something wrong with ur reading... what test kits are u using? I suggest u seriously look into controlling NO3, plenty of ways out there. For your setup, it will make more sense to get a Denitrator (equipment) than to rely on bags and bags of chemicals (that claim to remove NO3). Seachem De*Nitrate for one, is a total waste of money (tried it before).

For me, I bought a Aqua Medic Nitratreductor 1000 to help me bring down NO3 to zero. Currently at 10.

Water change will help too... but constant water changes is not a very practical solution as it is very very expensive.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Hi Jervismun,

I am using salifert test kit.  Can tell me how much is the denitrator?

Thanks

eAquanature list price $750 but if u go Aqua Mart, I'm sure u will get a slightly better deal or at least tiny freebies. I have yet to see any result yet as it will take a while for the Denitrator to kick-in... so do bear that in mind :D

I'm using Salifert kit too. Let me ask you... u see colours from top or side? If side, wrong coz colour is 10x darker if u read from the side. Must match from top (for high resolution)

Thanks Bro,

I didn't know... I always watch from the side. Will try from the top view.

BTW, anyone suggestion on what other coral or fishes should I introduce into my tank.

Thanks

Cheers

Bro!!! No wonder you get 100 for Nitrates!!! All Salifert kit must read from the top unless u r attempting to save money by going low resolution. Your reading should read no more than 30 NO3.

I think you've got too many fishes already... go for inverts la... some nice shrimps and stars will do wonders to your tank!!!

Ok. Thanks bro.

but my tank seems very empty still... my coralline algae still very little. sigh

What's ur Calcium level?

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Dear all,

Have not update for awhile. Here is my tank look after I did some rescaping and added in some more coral.

Please feel free to comment. Somehow feels that my scaping still not very good. don't seems to have alot of space for my coral. Any advice?

post-34-1148820060.jpg