• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

bro,

nice work there! IMO, maybe you should increase the flow in your tank. I don't see any circulating pump. And as some reefers advised, you might consider running a FR with Rowas ( if not, alt you can use Aquaz Purphos) to reduce PO4.

You might even can consider adding carbon at this stage to remove some toxic substance. But spend more time, searching threads and get to know more about this issues.

Tank look good and maybe you can start planning your spending after the cycle completion.

cheers,

• SRC Member

Thanks bro for all the advice. Just added 2 x 250W 20k MH. Nice, I like it so much.

Spend the past hours trying to tuning my skimmer.... siong :P

Hi wil_lee76, I added carbon already.

I am dripping kalkwasser, hope it will help to lower th PO4. Is water change needed during cycling period?

Thanks again for all the advise.

• SRC Member
Thanks bro for all the advice.  Just added 2 x 250W 20k MH.  Nice, I like it so much.

Spend the past hours trying to tuning my skimmer.... siong :P

Hi wil_lee76, I added carbon already.

I am dripping kalkwasser, hope it will help to lower th PO4.  Is water change needed during cycling period?

Thanks again for all the advise.

kalkwasser or lime water is good for binding p04. but it binds p04 into your rock, sand etc... after sometime when it is full, it will releases back to your water :P

don't need to do water change till your cycle complete :)

age.png

• SRC Member

it should be fine there but just maybe a longer cycle period depends if it keep dyeing watever it is or just stop with that amount if u can blow a powerhead into it :P that should allow it to go into your water and skimmer to do its work

• SRC Member

the best is to use FR with phos remover at your cycle stage. so that the p04 from your tank water will bind into the phos remover media. kalk or lime water will only bind p04 into your rock etc... your skimmer won't skim them out. don't have to use lime water at this stage cos you don't have any LS. if not you ca and dkh will rise :)

age.png

• SRC Member

Hi Bro,

Sorry need to trouble you guys again... paiseh... still learning.

Just turn on my chiller today... can any bro teach me how to set the temp of the chiller. I am using Resun CL650.

Another question, I am using a Resun pump at flowrate of 700l/h from last compartment of my sump to the inlet of my chiller. The return from chiller also goes back to my last compartment. Is this settting ok?

Thanks in advance for all the advises.

• SRC Member
the best is to use FR with phos remover at your cycle stage. so that the p04 from your tank water will bind into the phos remover media. kalk or lime water will only bind p04 into your rock etc... your skimmer won't skim them out. don't have to use lime water at this stage cos you don't have any LS. if not you ca and dkh will rise :)

agreed that...can stop kalk drip..cycle now. need not to conduct these (IMO) :lol: