RAV-65

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

U win bro.... ;)

I'm back to the drawing board again.... tink my tank maker is going crazy... :P

Like I say, very very tempted to do a 3' depth.... I hope it wun kill me ( rock-scaping, coral placement... )

But this is no kidding matter..... will seriously tink over it.... <_<

Do I win too? :P

But seriously, I think you would be happier with a 3ft deep (wide) tank in the long run. Who's your tank maker?

I did that to my YT, lift up the durso.. the poor YT was flush to the sump. Guess wat... it becomes freshly cut sashimi :lol: . I think it was "squeeze" thru the ball valve. :cry2:

Awww man... :( :( :(

Poor YT... cant imagine... :(

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Tank Update :

Under major influence and unrelenting pressure from various reefers ( you know who you are! ), I've decided to take the plunge and make my little ambitious dream come true... :yeah:

New tank specs would be :

60"x36"x27" with 6" external overflows on each side of the tank. :yeah: :yeah:

Anyone who try to convince me to change the tank size again would have copper injected into his tank! :evil:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Tank Update :

Under major influence and unrelenting pressure from various reefers ( you know who you are! ), I've decided to take the plunge and make my little ambitious dream come true... :yeah:

Anyone who try to convince me to change the tank size again would have copper injected into his tank! :evil:

Wow! 3' width! Good decision! Another TOTM coming up soon! :P:lol:

Good idea placing the overflows on both sides rather than behind for ease of access! ;)

Might wanna raise the height of the back-wall of the overflow. I'm having some water spray due to the high water flow into the overflow box.

Anyone got any suggestions?

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member
raise the water level in the overflow box will solve your problem.

I see...will try. Thanks!

Sorry for hijacking your thread RAV-65.

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

I see...will try. Thanks!

Sorry for hijacking your thread RAV-65.

No prob bro... I had hope that this thread would be a educational one... :P

Anyway, the TOTM is super super long way to go, might never even materialise to begin with... you should see some of the magnificient tanks we have here in SRC! :)

Mine haven't even born yet! :D :D :D

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

u sure on this size?? :P ok.. dun inject copper to my tank.. just let me swim inside.. hahaha..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

u sure on this size?? :P ok.. dun inject copper to my tank.. just let me swim inside.. hahaha..

All your fault lah bro...

Want to see the both of you doing the "lovers dive" mah... at least we have a reason for a reefer's gathering at my place! :D :D :D Can see the both of you frolicking in my tank! :ph34r::ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Why don't you consider a U-shaped tank ? :rolleyes:

:eyeblur: The ultimate presentation will be superb cos' you can dedicate centre section for SPS...left section for LPS & right section for softies... :yeah:

How's that ??? :lol:;)

• SRC Member

:eyeblur: The ultimate presentation will be superb cos' you can dedicate centre section for SPS...left section for LPS & right section for softies... :yeah:

u are tempting fate.. even the Emperor of the dark side cant help u if Rav decide to throw u in to join me.. hahahha...

oei.... :off: sorry... :paiseh:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

U siao si bo?!! :lol::lol:

U tink I print $$$ one ah?? U-shaped?? u tink underwater world ah??

Actually, since you going in with Kelstorm, the smaller the tank the better right?! :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Actually, since you going in with Kelstorm, the smaller the tank the better right?! :lol::lol::lol:

it is ok.. i had enuff saltwater in my face for a while.. just came back from tioman dive trip.. i'll pass on this offer. U are too generous.. :lol:

U are really giving WJ a big headache.. hahaha... i showed him wat i had in mind, he say, ok.. very standard.. :( but to do up something like urs, i sibei bo lui... still wanna dive one leh... :P and wear my :fear: coz the waters are cold... :P

it is ok.. i had enuff saltwater in my face for a while.. just came back from tioman dive trip.. i'll pass on this offer. U are too generous.. :lol:

U are really giving WJ a big headache.. hahaha... i showed him wat i had in mind, he say, ok.. very standard.. :( but to do up something like urs, i sibei bo lui... still wanna dive one leh... :P and wear my :fear: coz the waters are cold... :P

Haha...

not purposely one lah... my tank also pretty simple mah.... not like gotta run pipe to living room, go in balcony, come in through window, go under carpet... :D

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Haha...

not purposely one lah... my tank also pretty simple mah.... not like gotta run pipe to living room, go in balcony, come in through window, go under carpet... :D

running through carpet? :fear: haha.. but the concept of it is really great.. haha..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png