feeding sps

NAx0

Hi all:

At the moment I am fed my sps adding rotifers in alternating days.

I add a liter of rotifers and the aquarium is of 530 liters.

I am overfeeding? can it produce some kind of problem?

Very many thanks for everything.

With all reading you and of as much as soon as being able to ask I learn very many.

Thanks again

• 6 months later...
  • SRC Member

I feed SPS indirectly when I feed the fishes. At the same time, when the fish discharge its waste, the SPS will feed on it too.

That is why I like to keep chromis and anthias as they hide and rest among the SPS branches ;)

However, a big skimmer with good water turnover is required to remove the excess nutrients in the water column.

post-22-1144062784.jpg

• SRC Member
I feed SPS indirectly when I feed the fishes. At the same time, when the fish discharge its waste, the SPS will feed on it too.

That is why I like to keep chromis and anthias as they hide and rest among the SPS branches ;)

However, a big skimmer with good water turnover is required to remove the excess nutrients in the water column.

wa linkin park, you've got so many lyretails! :wub:

how many do you have and how many times/how much do you need to feed them per day?

• SRC Member

10 blue eye anthias

2 lyretail

2 blue eye males

12 chromis

1 kole

1 yellow tang

1 blue face angel

1 regal angel

1 flasher wrasse

1 yellow wrasse (not really yellow wrasse as it has white belly)

1 flame angel

Most of the fishes bought from ML @ 3-4 months ago

Feed pellets few times a day

3-4 cubes of Mysis once a day

prawn & flying fish roe once a day

• SRC Member
I add a liter of rotifers and the aquarium is of 530 liters.

I am overfeeding? can it produce some kind of problem?

Its hard to justified if u overfeed becos the density of the rotifer culture is not been specify.

Btw, u self culture yr own rotifer or buy from LFS?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

rotifer = roti for lucifer

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Can try marine snow too...not bad

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• 4 weeks later...