My 5ft reef tank

Hawkfish

hi thanks for reply.. :o )

hi bawater,

thanks for the advise, by theway that branch is been quite sometimes and so far never sting any of my corals..But only my durian do!

Hi Clowntrigger,

the reef is abt 9mths old only. :huh: abt my filtration is an overflow system and diy mini refigium thats all...! as for skimmer i use Sander brand (from germany). :)

post-7-1037603216.jpg

Hawkfish, i don't see any hawk fish around? Your tank look good and u are good at packing them so closely together. None of the coral get sting by each other? btw, what is that light that come from the right? And there is a power head by the side of your overflow that are quite unique. What brand is that?

hi chanbi,

Only my durian is notorious! that poor fellow is now bottom left coz their long tentacles can reach abt 45cm and sting some of my corals..! :o

i'm using 10 pl lite 8 36wtt 10k n 2 blue actinic (which i still prefer fl more enchanging ).and the powerhead at the top right is tom brand..very good and lasting..! :)

AND this is my flamehawk named BOBO..!Hee HEE ..

(FAMILY FAVOURITE FISH)

post-7-1037610665.jpg

• SRC Member

Hi hawkfish, Is there some red slime coating one of your coral or sponge (can't make out). If it is, I suggest you take it out ASAP. If it gets a foothold in your tank, it may become a perpetual problem and can be quite difficult to eradicate. Always better to be safe esp. where big tanks with big volumes are concerned.

Nevertheless, an impressive tank. Good effort! :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

got from reef world .... how much are the clams going for now .... any chance you going down to the farms this weekend ?

can look out clams and some algae for the sump for me ..... lmk if they have any .... also want to get a royal gamma from pac .... unlce said coming this thur might have ....

• SRC Member

phosphates is a major nutrient we talking abt.

i'm using seachem phosguard- & the slime mat breaks up into patches within 2days.

But....once the phosguard has absorbed all it can(to me it took abt 5 days)- the slime comes right back(not as bad as before but it still come back). keep on changing & keep phosphates low till it goes away.

nitrates usually cause hair algae to bloom(but a few snails will keep it in check).-instant remedy is to do regular water changes.

• SRC Member
But....once the phosguard has absorbed all it can(to me it took abt 5 days)- the slime comes right back(not as bad as before but it still come back). keep on changing & keep phosphates low till it goes away.

hey brandon,

u mentioned keep on changing... change wat? water or the phosguard? cos i jus bot it the other day onli...