My 5ft reef tank

Hawkfish

• SRC Member

Fredrick,

They burn?, u washed them with bare hands?i haven't touched them when wet. i spoon them into bag & straight into powerhead attachment.(simple cheap internal filter without media)- i wait till they turn yellowish then i take them out(currently from sat to sat <8days>).

the instructions says they useless once absorbed full capacity.weekly or fortnite if u don't have a high level,really depends on your tank- min is 4days as written on the bottle.

That's why tanzy noted that its not a cheap way.

i had the same trouble as phang by using those cotton bags. they rot(or broken down by bacteria) & break apart by the 7th day.- i changed to nylon.

The nitrate stuff i saw at petmart was rechargeable? looks like phosguard but smaller & creamish in colour. Dunno if the stuff works.

Cyano bloom still not gone but less now.

• SRC Member

HQX,

Calcium salts of phosphate will not dissolute to a large extent at the aquarium pH but bacteria and other organisms growing on it can liberate the phosphate.

bawater,

A lot of energy is released by the hydration of the aluminium oxide in Phosguard. The water can reach near boiling point if a large quantity of aluminium oxide is used. Always rinse the Phosguard until the water runs relatively clear and be careful of the hot water. Sometimes when I wash it I can see steam.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

What's a bad idea? Phosguard? The exothermic reaction? Kalkwasser?

Kalk is a good idea, better than nothing.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif