Hammerhead Corals

soggy

What's the price of hammer corals?

U guys mentioned about it's stinging ability? Are the tentacles hidden within the body? cos i don't see the tentacles in the photos... :D

I am having 2 PL tubing lighting( 8000k & 10000k ) and 1 fluorscent blue actnic. Wondering if it's sufficent to maintain hammer? Where can we find nice hammer species? ML have?

• SRC Member
got another clearer and closer pic of my hammer. how does it look to your guys? gimme your honest opinions. thanks. ;)

Soggy,

Looking good man!

Definitely much better than your 1st pic :)

What's the actual color ?

Looks a bit purplish to me.

Nice colour !

:P

• SRC Member
U guys mentioned about it's stinging ability? Are the tentacles hidden within the body? cos i don't see the tentacles in the photos... :D

I am having 2 PL tubing lighting( 8000k & 10000k ) and 1 fluorscent blue actnic. Wondering if it's sufficent to maintain hammer? Where can we find nice hammer species? ML have?

You can encourage stinging tentacle with stronger flow.

For my case, doesn't matter lights on or off.

If flow is strong enough, out come the stinger :)

I am having 2 PL tubing lighting( 8000k & 10000k ) and 1 fluorscent blue actnic. Wondering if it's sufficent to maintain hammer?

I started off with 1 10K and 1 actinic blue PL.

But like i said, when upgrade to T5, the expansion is better.

• SRC Member

the tips are like a very faint green. but i hope that gets darker. it's slightly purple cause of the lighting i suppose. the tentacles are a light brown.

• SRC Member

i paid $12 for my speciment. got it at pa**r r** farmway 2. dunno what's the name of the lfs. but the owner's arm is as colourful if not more colourful than AT's tank.