about color temperature

bigfish

Hi,

For some florescent tube, you may be able to find the color temperature and lumin per watt on the paper sleeve ...

I think the warm white color temp for normal florescent tube is around 4500K and the cool white is about 6200K-6500K. There is one florescent tube with color temperature of 6700K. There are also normal color florescent tube with color temperature of greater than 10000K (blue color light) but you will need to verify the value at its manufacturer website if any.

I think besides looking at the color temperature, you will need to consider the lumin per watt. If I'm not wrong, most normal florescent tube has rather low lumin per watt compared to those florescent tube meant for aquarium.

Regards...

Dotty

• SRC Member

If a T5 or T4 tube does not have any color temperature indication but the lux is around 5,900; is this suitable for use in a standard 2ft or smaller tank? I've seen Dama selling these T5 and T4 tubes with the electronic ballast inbuit, but they do not have any color temp. indication and of course the price is very attractive.