Natural Sea Water

expat701

Hi,

I used to order a tank of seawater @ S$ 120 (i.e those water tank that you can sometimes see behind truck, not sure what's the capacity tho' but easily above 500L), there's no limit on volume..so long as you have storage tank, you can draw all the seawater from his tank. Also not sure whether there is any price change.

Understand the vendor drive their truck to a road extended out to sea (i.e. in Pasir Panjang) and then dropped a hose into the sea and pumped up the seawater.

In my opinion, it's better to run the seawater through filtration first, and not add direct into the tank with livestocks.

As you know, there is always potential risks of using seawater, be it raw or filtered.

You can contact this gentlemen, Mr Chua @ 98263502 (R****n) if you are keen.

He is a nice guy.

Alternatively, you can get those 25L water containers and buy filtered seawater from LFS @ about $ 4. It will be hard work though. I do this every week.

Hope the above is helpful to you,

You should get morgan to help you here.

He pumps in 1 ton of NSW to his reeftank and FOWLR tanks. The NSW is off Bedok Jetty.

I wouldn't say the water is exactly very clean but he has been able to keep SPS corals without much problems.

yup, the farm at pasir ris actually is connected to the sea if i'm not wrong..heard it from Kenn*.... should be re**wor**....but it's been filtered before usage..

At,

morgan uses water from bedok jetty and he keeps sps? amazing...he filters the water with what? that place always kena oil spill and get some oil sludge...gotta be careful man

"Save a reef, grow your own"

I have been doing partial water change with filtered sea water and some salt mx (alternate weeks),buy fr LCK1**...$3 per jerrycan....no problem so far.... :D

Understand the vendor drive their truck to a road extended out to sea (i.e. in Pasir Panjang) and then dropped a hose into the sea and pumped up the seawater.

In my opinion, it's better to run the seawater through filtration first, and not add direct into the tank with livestocks.

Yes, I know a guy who did that and supply it to T9*. It seems like local water is not as bad. This guy is a freelance in this business. I supposed his charges will be lower than market rate. PM me for his contact if you're interested.