Brands of Masks

cityofangels

• SRC Member

Yup. There was a closing down sale a few weeks ago Will confirm with u when I comes back from the visit the lucky plaza :lol:

Got bullshit by my friend... :lol::lol: Paris still around and no sale going on! haha.. Their price still the best among the shops there though....

By the way, anyone knows where to find the cheapest Suunto Mosquito?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Got bullshit by my friend... :lol::lol: Paris still around and no sale going on! haha.. Their price still the best among the shops there though....

By the way, anyone knows where to find the cheapest Suunto Mosquito?

y dun u consider Uwatec X-tender... :)

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

yah.. battery life better than Suunto too... but so far, Stinger is the most chio of all... kekeke..

hey :off:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

when i went there yesterday, only have 1 X-vision mask left.. clear colored frame.. lots of Pure Vision though.

Yes, very tempted to get the Mares Abyss Regs.. but fiancee was wif me... <_<

• SRC Member

Which shop are you referring to? :)

me talking abt Friendlywaters.. anyway, i think today, the sale might still be on.. but i reckon that if u wanna get mask, there isnt much of a selection going on.. u might wanna try the one in Lucky Plaza, "Paris Dept Store" in B1.. they closed at 7-7.30pm...

• SRC Member

me talking abt Friendlywaters.. anyway, i think today, the sale might still be on.. but i reckon that if u wanna get mask, there isnt much of a selection going on.. u might wanna try the one in Lucky Plaza, "Paris Dept Store" in B1.. they closed at 7-7.30pm...

Anyway.. read from a lot of forums that Paris is indeed closing down. When I went down on last Friday, there wasn't any sign of any sale going on <_< Maybe it's just by word of mouth. Actually, the only things cheap at Friendly Waters are the regulators. For the rest of the equipments, can get the same price elsewhere. ;) Masks etc...

Anyway.. read from a lot of forums that Paris is indeed closing down. When I went down on last Friday, there wasn't any sign of any sale going on <_< Maybe it's just by word of mouth. Actually, the only things cheap at Friendly Waters are the regulators. For the rest of the equipments, can get the same price elsewhere. ;) Masks etc...

hahaha...ok,good,that means i didn miss out much.looking for a mask. :D

:peace:

• SRC Member

take note of the purge valve on ur mask.. it is slightly diff when doing mask clearing.. in fact, u dun need to clear ur mask, just need to exhale.. hahaha

• SRC Member

just curious as i never use it before, wldnt it fog up again if u exhale? i gather it might if it is done in confined air space like within the mask.. btw, is it a high volume mask? i hv seen divers using this mask but in the end, they do the normal purging.. strange.. but i dun bother to ask why lor... :P

my stand is, if u like it n more comfy that way, why rock the boat.. :P

• SRC Member

Good point about the Fogging. If I am not wrong, the purge system aims at removing water from the mask. I don't think the purge system is an anti-fog function. So I guess when one exhales, it will remove water through the purge. And it may fog up. I haven't tried it yet. However, the Tusa Hyperdry Mask has anti-fog lenses but I'm not sure how effective the anti-fog function works.

I know with swimming goggles, the anti-fog function only works for a couple of times and after that, I think the anti-fog film wears off and it will then start fogging. <_<

• SRC Member
Good point about the Fogging. If I am not wrong, the purge system aims at removing water from the mask. I don't think the purge system is an anti-fog function. So I guess when one exhales, it will remove water through the purge. And it may fog up. I haven't tried it yet. However, the Tusa Hyperdry Mask has anti-fog lenses but I'm not sure how effective the anti-fog function works.

I know with swimming goggles, the anti-fog function only works for a couple of times and after that, I think the anti-fog film wears off and it will then start fogging. <_<

The purge system is aimed at removing water from the mask.. u r right on this..

as for anti-fog, i use mint flavour toothpaste as anti-fog.. refreshing for the eyes.. kekeke

other form of anti-fog solutions are

1. Baby Shampoo

2. Anti-fog gel

3. Spit!!! (some wear by this) but hey, it is ur own spit right???rem, it is spit but phelm... i seen divers clearing their throat to "donate" their thick lump to apply on the mask.. :sick:

• SRC Member

Using toothpaste as anti-fog? Interesting! Haven't tried that before. But if you use mint flavoured toothpaste, won't it sting the eyes, esp when I'm using contact lenses? :unsure:

The guy at Waikiki was suggesting a type of anti-fog gel but I was alittle skeptic of their effectiveness. I used to swim competitively and tried dozens of anti-fog liquids but all have failed me. :( Do you know which brands of anti-fog gel are good?

Errrrm.. Yes, I am one of those who resorted to using my own spit as anti-fog. Works damn well too & it's free! :lol: But I do not clear my throat for this. :erm::blink::sick:

• SRC Member

so far, most ppl i know who wear contacts n apply mint flavour, no irritation leh.. if u are worried, why not try out first, at a swimming pool.. errr.. private condo pool.. otherwise, the life guard will throw u out...

Btw, i was told not to use the gel type of toothpaste.. get those white color ones..

somehow i have reservation abt using spit as anti-fog.. imagine u just had curry n ur saliva hv the smell... or worst, if u eat raw onion like i do, ur eyes will be tearing the entire dive... also, i dun know whether will the bacteria be transferred to the eyes... :unsure:

• SRC Member

I think I'll try the toothpaste method in my parents' bath-tub! They'll probably think I'm weird or sthg. :lol: I'll remember to use the white toothpaste & not the gel-type. Thanks for the advice! ;)

About the spit method as anti-fog, of course I will watch what I eat before using my spit! I can't imagine someone eating hot curry & then using their spit as anti-fog. So gross! :blink::sick::ph34r:

You mentioned bacteria being transfered to the eyes.. Bacteria from? Your spit, you meant?