Help needed

klim

• SRC Member

Hi,

Any Bro or Sis were at the junction of Toh Guan Road and Toh Guan Road East, the junction outside Capital Trust Building?

The accident happened between 1.45pm to 2.15pm. I need witness as I remembered correctly that the Taxi should have "cheong" Red Light and hit onto me, when I was turning right to Toh Guan Road East.

Really sianz, as I just got my new car for 10days and this happened. :cry2:

Hope that anyone witness the accident and kindly volunteer to be my witness, I will surely win the case against the Taxi.

:thanks: for reading.

• SRC Member

Who knock who first? this is very important because both of u will bring both your cars to different idac for verification and then to different workshop. It is more troublesome if both of u are under different insurance company. The claim settlement will take months!!

I kana once before when one joker dash out of a stopline and slam into my car. we talk for a while, smile smile and I though settled liao but after a few months I received a letter saying the other party want to claim against me.!@#$^#^#@

The accident happened quite near my place and I ask my mom to bring down my camera.(a traditional film camera) And I took alot of pics at the scene. This is important because once at the idac you will tell your own story and the taxi driver will tell his own story. (In your case what the taxi driver might have say is that u dash out suddenly and he knock into u)

The thing here is that both the parties can say whatever they want and it is up to the 2 different insurance company to fight the case and the insurance company need proof to fight the case for u. I have heard cases ended up both parties share the damage at 60%-40% or 70%-30%.

U can ask for witnesses and go and make a police report. It is quite an ordeal to go through this even more so since your is a new car. Hope this will be helpful.

beware :ph34r:

zehuan

• SRC Member

sori to hear abt the accident bro.... hope no one is injured. did u take pixs... can be very useful when reporting... the idac officer at bedok nth very helpful.. once i showed him my pixs, he straight away filled up form for me n say no case for the cab .. n true enough no hassle...

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

Be prepared for a long drawn fight and twisted words with the taxi driver. To share a bad experience, my bro had an accident with a taxi driver (my Bro was at fault) and he settled with the driver on the spot by paying him cash. 3-4 weeks later, my bro received a letter from Traffic Police that he was involved in a hit and run incident and that he have to appear to TP HQ to explain.

Initally our family was so angry and kept scolding my bro for such irresponsible act, little did we know that that assh0l3 driver made a report to police that my bro hit and run!!! Eventually the problem was resolved but imagine the anxiety our family went through the whole ordeal and plus the trouble of my bro trying to convince our family and TP that he is innocent.. that taxi driver is just too much :pirate::pirate:

• SRC Member

My Car is Toyota Altis...and the Taxi is City Cab.

Thanks for the understanding and as I do not have digital/analog cam nor HP cam. Thus no picture was taken.

Now regret not taking as the impact of the vehicle sure proof that he had been speeding.

The passenger had gone before I came out of the car and I really regret not getting her contact.

If anyone has passed the place at 1.45pm to 2.15pm. Please kindly help me.

• SRC Member

when u send for idac, they wud hv taken photos so shdnt be prob....

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

The Idac people would definately take pic but what about the cause of the accident? Both parties will make their own report with Idac and submit seperately to their own insurance company so it is basically your words against his.

Although u can argue that the taxi speed past the redlight and slam into u but then again he can argue that u dash out suddenly and he cant stop in time. Take note for u at most is heart pain that your new car is smash and at the very most they will deduct your ncb.

But for the taxi driver it is a very different thing. Driving a cab is his rice bowl. He rent the cab so he has to answer to his cab company. He definately dont want any bad record of incurring any accidents. So I am almost 100% sure that the taxi driver will say its your fault.

this is what I can suggest to u at this moment:

1) Look for witnesses.

2) Try to get the other party Idac report (though this is not allow but it will save u alot of trouble by knowing what the other party is going to claim against u.)

3) check with your insurance company what is the procedure of repairing your car. You should ask to go back to Borneo Motor since it is a new car. The repair of the car take a couple of weeks but the settlement of the claim is going to take months so be mentally prepared for it.

cheers

My Car is Toyota Altis...and the Taxi is City Cab.

Thanks for the understanding and as I do not have digital/analog cam nor HP cam.  Thus no picture was taken. 

Now regret not taking as the impact of the vehicle sure proof that he had been speeding.

The passenger had gone before I came out of the car and I really regret not getting her contact. 

If anyone has passed the place at 1.45pm to 2.15pm.  Please kindly help me.

Bro...

the colour of ur car and the taxi??? Like I said... some people are more visual... so they may remember the accident of a ###### colour altis and a ###### colour taxi... :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

If the Taxi insured under NTUC then for 3rd party claims, you will to go to IDAC (yes even if your insurance company don't require you to go IDAC). After IDAC report submitted, NTUC will then progress your 3rd party claim. After that they will decide how many % of the repair cost they will bear.

This is different from other insurance company practise where you repair first then go claim from the 3rd party policy.

If next time settle on the spot with other driver then write down in black and white saying that $###### is being paid to fully settle the repairs for the accident between A and B vehicle and the other pary agrees not to further pursue the case.

Another thing... as most cars in Singapore are insured by NTUC... I heard there are cases whereby, when two cars, both insured under NTUC meet an accident... NTUC decides that both sides are in fault... in the end, both sides lose their NCD... :(

dunno if its true... anyone can confirm this rumour I heard???

If its true, the NTUC insurance, though it may be cheaper, is not a good idea... :(

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Thanks for all the suggestion.

My Altis is Black and the cab is Yellow (Citycab).

I am trying to find witness, but think it is gonna difficult.

I have sent a mail to City Cab and they advice me to lodge a report with their Accident & Claims dept. So that they can investigate. I will proceed with this.

Lastly, my insurance is AIG and they do not work with IDAC, as such there is no requirement for that. I will double check again on the procedure to be safe. My Access is $500 and the rest is insurance pay.

The only thing is that I lost NCB and my loading next yr will be extremly high, that's my worry.

Anyway, after all this, what's important is that I m alive toking to all of you. :D

GOD had blessed me for a second chance. Must treat it well. Money can earn back, but only 1 live.

• SRC Member
The thing here is that both the parties can say whatever they want and it is up to the 2 different insurance company to fight the case and the insurance company need proof to fight the case for u. I have heard cases ended up both parties share the damage at 60%-40% or 70%-30%.

u mean the driver who end up share the damage?? y not the ins itself...??

Another thing... as most cars in Singapore are insured by NTUC... I heard there are cases whereby, when two cars, both insured under NTUC meet an accident... NTUC decides that both sides are in fault... in the end, both sides lose their NCD... :(

dunno if its true... anyone can confirm this rumour I heard???

If its true, the NTUC insurance, though it may be cheaper, is not a good idea... :(

If your fault is more than 40% then you will loose your NCD.

So in those cases probably it is 50-50 so both parties lost their NCD.

This is the same for all other insurance companies.

NTUC sounds cheaper but if you make a claim, the loading next yr is much higher than the rest.

If your fault is more than 40% then you will loose your NCD.

So in those cases probably it is 50-50 so both parties lost their NCD.

This is the same for all other insurance companies.

NTUC sounds cheaper but if you make a claim, the loading next yr is much higher than the rest.

Bro... wat I'm trying to say is that if both parties insurance from NTUC, NTUC would declare both sides 50% responsible and makan both side's NCD....

Has anyone encountered this??

post-34-1105890976.jpg