My 2x1x1.5ft nano tank

bluezing

• SRC Member

My 1st time trying marine tank. Been tinking of doing marine since i was young.hehe. previously was into planted tank. now need a new challenge.

My tank is a 2x1x1.5ft. to tink that this size is actually called a nano tank(the ocean is HUGE). :lol:

ok...after doing some research and getting some gd deals from other bros for a few weeks.started the cycling today.

going for a fowlr simple setup:

3f26d131.jpg

2 bags of C0 sand for dsb. ;)

469147bf.jpg

most bros choice of marine salt i guess :lol:

a75d3bdc.jpg

reliable pails... :heh:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

BUT! after everything is setup, something ###### up! :cry2:

the pump aint working!!! haizz...will be getting a refund from the bro who sold me the pump. not his fault actually. he din know that its no longer working.

sian...now no current in the tank. looking around for a suitbale pump again. :pinch:

will look for a sump with pipes everything. i hate the look of the hose and pump in the tank. <_<

off to the pasar malam section!!! :eyebrow:

*welcome all bros' advise and comments!

• SRC Member

NavIgatoR - definitely bro...but now meantime..cycling stage..also nothing to see. :P

somebody - hehe...bro..the pump is working liao! because need to actually get the air out of the pump first.so that the water is all inside the pump. hehe...

Anemone - too late liao bro...now my whole body aching....furthermore...really no strength to restart again... :(

btw guys, does your floor always feels kinda watery?mine certainly does. should be the saltwater aye? :eyebrow:

and also,where should the water level be in the weipro 2011 skimmer? mine is higher than its supposed to be.somewhere around the "connector(part no. 2)". and that's when the valve is fully opened. doubt the level can go any higher~ <_<

*thk u guys for ur advise and comments.i really appreciate it~ :bow:

• SRC Member

phew~ now im back on track.

lemme recall what has happened the last 1 week or so...

the PL tube died on me.

the tiak tiak sound pissed me off and the looks of those hungry hairy crabs adds fuel to the fire.

did a nuke on ALL the lr. i only thought there are a couple of worms, 2-3 hairy crab, maybe 1 mantis shrimp. BUT!!! hell was i wrong!

there must have been like 20+ worms,long,short,thin,fat! abt 10+ crabs!!!! 3 pistol shrimps! and they are the ones who was making that tiak tiak sound! cant find the body of the mantis shrimp. must have died in the rocks. :P

caught all the crabs and pistol shrimps and put them in another tank. hehe...

what i did at first was switch off the source of oxygen, the skimmer + seio.

all the crabs and worms climb out from their holes. and its so simple catching them with my reliable jbl tweezer. but of cos,the bacteria all died. and yes, it is so god damn smelly!!!!

so i soak the lr in FRESHWATER, yes, freshwater...i know i know...i just dun care anymore.the thoughts of those b*st*rds hitchhikers really spurs me on. and im glad i "cured" the rocks. put in all the rocks back into the tank yesterday. damn shiok feeling ...knowing that there is NO crabs..NO pistol shrimps..NO mantis shrimps...and maybe should have kept 2-3 bristleworms(but too bad they were the first to die :P)...and best of all,knowing that my fish and my HANDS will be safe from these "hazards". will try to post a pic soon.hehe.

and not forgetting getting an elbiru tube from ben (horizon venture). a very frenly and easy going guy with wonderful service. anyone who needs lightings, i strongly recommend u to give him a call, 93863135.

:)