2 ft cube tank ok for reef setup?

• SRC Member

A 2 ft cube tank is enough but depends on what you want to keep....

if you want to keep softies i suggest that you ask your shopkeeper to set up for you...ofcourse its better to have a sump tank and a few cleaner shrimps to make your tanks life better and cleaner...hehehe

Or if you prefer softies without buying a chiller try buying a shorter tank and place fans......if its a FOWLR tank..it would be inexpensive and simple...then maybe upgrading by putting zoos..hehehe

NO offenece...just my 2 cents

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

if you want to keep softies i suggest that you ask your shopkeeper to set up for you...ofcourse its better to have a sump tank and a few cleaner shrimps to make your tanks life better and cleaner...hehehe

Or if you prefer softies without buying a chiller try buying a shorter tank and place fans......if its a FOWLR tank..it would be inexpensive and simple...then maybe upgrading by putting zoos..hehehe

bro....can u explain on y keeping softies is best to call a shop to do the setup and y nt instead LPS n SPS??....softies cannot run the pipings urself mehs??...

pls make ur statement clear... :thanks:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

I wouldn't recommend asking the shops to set up a 2ft tank for you, unless it is from a reputable shop. Most of the time, you can get pipings etc for a really decent price from the DIY shop. Most LFS will charge you an exorbitant price, which I guess is due to labour charges.

Between a fan or a chiller, I will definitely recommend getting a chiller. For a 2ft tank with fans, you will need to top up water almost every day, due to the high evaporation rate. And besides, with a chiller, you can get a wider variety of corals.

• SRC Member

My 2 ft tank I ran everything by myself including the pipings.. :D Still no prob.

I believe you did so too right. :P

:off: By the way bro..any zoo lobang or not.. :lol:

my piping dun sae la...my dad did it for me... :lol:

zoos....go my thread....i got a new one...but now changing tank...so all my LS at farm liaoz... :P

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata