My new 6x2x2.5 'FOWLR + Fake coral' tank

lkoivoon

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
great that you are using fake corals, protecting the seas... =)

plus the blueface is reef safe... :P

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member
impressive.. but bro.. how come u added fish so fast..?

Because,

1)I have sold my old tank and the buyer is coming to collect the tank tomorrow.

2)All LR are fully cured and with me for many years.

3)Most of the fish are 'old-bird' ie with me for quite sometime already so should be no problem with the new tank. I fed them 1 hour after the transfer and they still eat like a pig.......

• SRC Member

Nice tank...

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

lkoivoon is a very friendly, helpful and generous man! Saw the new tank it is very very nice and design specs is very fascinating, very detailed. The sump is so neat. Haha, Lew I can't remember all you taught me like where to put the skimmer in the sump, etc. Pai seh to call u. :P Looked up SR to see if I can find something on sump and found your forum! Thanks bro! Cheers! :lol::bow::bow:

• SRC Member
lkoivoon is a very friendly, helpful and generous man! Saw the new tank it is very very nice and design specs is very fascinating, very detailed. The sump is so neat. Haha, Lew I can't remember all you taught me like where to put the skimmer in the sump, etc. Pai seh to call u. :P Looked up SR to see if I can find something on sump and found your forum! Thanks bro! Cheers! :lol::bow::bow:

Hi Patrick, the skimmer is to be place next to the overflow compartment of the sump. That is - first compartment is the overflow from the tank, next compartment is where you place your skimmer, third compartment you can place your FR (if it fits. I placed/hung my Resun FBF1000 FR there), the fourth/last compartment is to place your eheim return pump.

Please call me anytime if you need help. BTW, is the piping done?

Cheer....

• SRC Member

Hi Patrick, the skimmer is to be place next to the overflow compartment of the sump. That is - first compartment is the overflow from the tank, next compartment is where you place your skimmer, third compartment you can place your FR (if it fits. I placed/hung my Resun FBF1000 FR there), the fourth/last compartment is to place your eheim return pump.

Please call me anytime if you need help. BTW, is the piping done?

Cheer....

Sorry if we confused anybody.... Patrick and I were talking about another tank. :bow:

Ok, let me continue to update with my new tank setup......

• SRC Member

Next, modification of skimmer's collection cup.

I noticed a lot of people like to modify/add a waste container to collect the skimmate. I think otherwise.... Sorry I am not here to against the idea of waste container :bow: - Infact it is a very good idea.

However, I would like to modified my skimmer's collection cup for something else.... First a hole is drilled on the collection cup........

post-34-1133441914.jpg

• SRC Member

As you can see, if overflow occurs in the collection cup water will be channel to the sump instead of onto the floor :cry:

Overflow of collection cup does happen to me before (a few time) when I was using an in-sump skimmer. Anybody has the same experience before?

Overflow of collection cup occurs usually not because of skimmate but some don't know what reasons the cup just overflow. So to have a good night sleep I made this modification............

post-34-1133443608.jpg