Banner Fish

• SRC Member

Hi all

I juz bought a Banner Fish a few days ago and it does not feed on dried food or brine shrimp which my other fishes had no problem.

I read from http://www.edge-of-reef.com/Chetodontidi/C...cuminatusen.htm that it feeds on plankton.

Does that me there is no hope of the banner Fish surviving in my tank? :unsure:

Any bros here kept Banner Fish successfully? :angel:

Long long time ago, I bought Banner Fish from SeaLife n it was already trained on dried food and I had no problem rearing it. But in the end it kena wack by my garoupas. :o

• SRC Member

Without any answer from ppl here, I approach a LFS for an answer.

They taught me to try mysis shrimp(S$2), galic guard(S$26) n sea weed(S$18). As I'm not rich, I bought the mysis shrimp and tried but still the banner fish does not wana feed.

I tried using the normal galic n dip the food into it then feed it also no use.

My next choice is sea weed. But the price is too expensive!!!

Any bros here care to advise where to buy cheaper sea weed or has any spare I can purchase from to try on it 1st?

The Banner fish is getting thinner by the day!!! :cry:

• SRC Member

bro,,

NTUC also got sell.... you stay north... try Bishan Junction 8 NTUC... i buy my seaweed from there...

there is a section on Jap food... they sell lots of seaweed.... the one i am using is a packet abt 12cm by 10cm.... on its label.... its called NORI..... tink one pac onli a few dollars..

the seaweed is cut up til veri small pieces ... hope you can find...

Hope this can help you!!! :lol:

• SRC Member

Hi,

I went to J8 NTUC n bought a packet of seaweed in the Jap section. Its in a large pieces type. Those that r in flake form all have seasoning together with the seaweed and only found tis one type got no seasoning.

I place it in the tank with a heavy object. It did not go n eat the seaweed at all. After 2 days, the whole piece of seaweed gone. I dont know whether is it because some other fishes went to nimble on it or the banner fish actually eating it.

I will monitor.

Thks for ur advises.

Sorry about your bannerfish. :(

Bought mine at about 5 cm, kept it in a self made fish trap, slowly trained it to feed on frozen Brine Shrimp, and when I was sure that it has started to eat for a week or so, I freed the fish from the trap. It has since grown up to about 15 cm now on a diet of frozen Brine Shrimp and frozen Mysis Shrimp.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
The Banner fish up lorry liao. :(

Not going to buy another one anymore.

feel sorry for your loss but never give up hope.

you must always remember that when you choose fishes make very sure that they are healthy speciments and in whatever way try to give the lfs owner( but do be untill so irritatting wait lfs owner also scared of you) to feed it to prove that it is eating cos once fish is eating it gives them a higher chance in living in the systems that you may have.