Hammer & Bubble Coral

mAriNe_enthusiast

HI guys :yeah: ,

There have been threads on these two beauties recently and both have generated so much interest within me such that i decided to give one of them a try. :fear:

Having read thru' the threads, i realised that both are demanding corals.

But which one has a higher chances of doing well in a tank?

Bubble more hardy...it is easily said to be the damsel of LPS corals. I have one colony at home that has been with me for about 3-4 years already under moderate lighting...during which it got unwillingly involved in the later stage of cycling in my new tank..whereby it bleached transparent....but now...it has regained its color to browish green. :rolleyes:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

as long as you have the right water flow, you can keep both. imho, both are equally hardy.

Hmmm..from my experience I find that between bubbles and hammers...hammers seem to react more negatively to higher water temperatures in the long run...bubbles are'nt really affected. Hammers also seem more prone to tissue receding.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Greetings,

From my experience, they both are very easy to keep, but one thing - They need STRONG LIGHTING to look good. Else, they will still live in your tank, but you will not see their full glory... :)

Conclusion, Provide what they need first, before you buy them.. :) Good luck.

The have similar requiremetns, but the hammers tend to be more suspectible to getting brown slime disease.

agree....I lost my hammer recently. did not fully expose the whole piece to sufficient light ....the lower part kana that and I got rid of it before it further contaminate my tank.....sigh..........................................

I thought it's called brown jelly??? anyway, u'll see some brown jellylike substance on the tissue.... if u see that, can try doing a fresh water dip.... or siphon them away..... erm, i've not tried bubbles before but hammers are pretty easy to keep..

"Save a reef, grow your own"

I thought it's called brown jelly??? anyway, u'll see some brown jellylike substance on the tissue.... if u see that, can try doing a fresh water dip.... or siphon them away..... erm, i've not tried bubbles before but hammers are pretty easy to keep..

If you try bubbles you will most likely say that they are even more easy to keep

yah, i'm looking for green bubble..but then again, i dun wanna have too many lps also...the sweeper tentacles always give me a headache....and my sps suffers. heh. but then again, they are such lovely corals....what a dilemma...to buy or not to buy....heh...

"Save a reef, grow your own"

yah, i'm looking for green bubble..but then again, i dun wanna have too many lps also...the sweeper tentacles always give me a headache....and my sps suffers. heh. but then again, they are such lovely corals....what a dilemma...to buy or not to buy....heh...

yah especially when you stare at the luminous green cateye at marine pe**........ Each bubble like polyp is as big as a grape and no kidding

• 2 weeks later...