Tunze Protein Skimmer 9010

Eudaceous

• SRC Member

Not no good....but room for improvements...

I can have my needlewheel pump for my HnS ASAP...without delay...ofcoz i have to drive down and get it from Sealife....

sorry i do not want to comment abt deltec any further..u can pm me :)

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I bought the Tunze ReefPack 500 two days ago and the protein skimmer is working very well, very quiet too. My fan is louder than it. Yes, they are very dependent on consistent water lvl. Do check out my review by clicking on the link below :D

post-14-1141227057.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
I just brought this skimmer 9005 from a reefer

and i can say is good ,, i do not see any problem with it

If the skimmer is lousy , maybe something wrong with those ppl

from reefcentral who give good review on it

Either they got nothing better to do or all of them are working for tunze co

I think it all voice down down to one whether know how to tune

a not ~~

Even if one get a super exp skimmer , no product knowledge

and dun know how to tune properly ...also worthless

So at the end of day , no use of bringing one's product performance down

esp if one never even use it before

:evil:

How do you find the performance with relative to SPS?

The candy floss foam is very fluffy and my tank is not even stocked! Currently running at 50% coz my tank is tiny.

post-14-1141303237.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Ok people this is the update after running the tunze 9010 from NOV-Mar. My NO3 is a decent 5-10 ppm. My tank inhabitants couldnot been happier. See this thread

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...ic=42561&st=60& and compare my corals and LFS in NOV and tell me if you can see the difference.

My ORP reading went up to 411 mv at its peak. Attached pic is my skimmate. This is my weekly collection for my tank.

To all bros who are using Tunze skimmer, no worries you can update members of your skimmer's performance skimmer. Jerv - I like your reefpack. Looks really good. Keep the updates coming.

Anyway your feedback please. Me really happy. Tank looks good. Worth the investment in my Tunze.

post-14-1141561205.jpg

Ewwww! That is GROSS!!! But I like it... in this hobby... we can turn horrid stuff into works of beauty... and that is a very pretty cup of err... protein, lol! (I think our body fats look like that too, lol).

Yes, I will continue the ReefPack 500 review for a couple of weeks more till it settles.

• SRC Member

Bro .. no complaints so far .. :lol:

I think we should swap and you pay me the difference !NOT! . :lol:

my Tunze is bigger than your Tunze !! :lol:

The skim is drier and collects every 1.5 to 2 days .. so settled into a regular cycle already.. have not changed water for about 1 month !!!! :yeah: (but that's not the skimmer.. ;) )

And my cheap corals are blooming nicely .. :)

My skimmate is GROSSER !!! :lol:

Geez .. better stop comparing .. or else :rolleyes: !!! :angel:

post-14-1141567719.jpg

aquatronica7na.gif

Come on Tunze users!!! Let us all post our GROSS pix in this thread!!! I love it!!! :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
how much for Tunze9010 and Tunze9015? I am Thai.I'm going to there in next 2week. and Where is the shop that can take?

Hi ICE

You can find their address from TUNZE.com under Singapore distributor section. Call/email them for price or check www.reefdepot.com.sg

Hope this helps!

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Hi Guys,

I intend to buy the Tunze 9010. I have checked out the prices at ReefDepo and Aquamarin site. I wish to know if these retailers provide a discount if we were to go direct to their store and purchase?

RD normally have walk in discount :eyebrow: . I would advice you to call RD, seet to confirm the price b4 going down :evil: .

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe