Enticing a regal angel to feed

If you bought a grey belly regal, than it is mostly impossible to eat in captive. If you bought yellow belly and consider it is healthy and drug free capture fish and no other fish are bullying the regal, than in most cases it will eat in one to few days after introducing to the tank. It will eat on mysis shrimp, artemia, pellets, frozen foods, etc.

• SRC Member

Yeah i agree the best idea is a QT. Try to get one abt 2ft la. Mine runs only with a air pump operated corner filter. HAHA! Weekly water change...

-new water into my main tank...

-'old water' from my main tank INTO my QT.

So the fishes can get used to it first ma and can medicate and feed till its almost brusting at the seams.... :lol: Had kept my Powder blue like that for 2 mths b4 finally transfering it into my main tank last weekend.

The clams or mussels can get from market la. Use those fresh ones we eat lo.But remember to wash well under the tap b4 putting it into yur tank ah.

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member

Good luck if you try to QT such a sensitive and shy fish in a bare QT tank.

IMHO, it would further stress the poor fish and will not help with its appetite at all. The regal needs mature LR for it to start nipping on and also bolt to safety. Its a very skittish fish and will bolt at the slightest movement outside of the tank. This usually happens in the first few weeks before the fish gets comfy in the tank and will be bolder.

QT is not the best practise when in comes to this fish. A matured tank with ample LR and hiding holes makes the safest bet in my opinion.

• SRC Member

Ic ic... But what i did was i left a few pieces of 4" wide PVC sections into the tank as well. Knew new fishes tends to hide. ;)

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

My sentiment same as Alfa. Almost most fish will be stressed when 1st introduce. Usually, I do a medicated dip with my existing tank water into the plastic bag and allow about 2 hours of "soaking" and acclimatisation. Once introduce, usually they will hide in my LR.

The said regal angel only 3 days in my tank is swimming side by side with my naso ######. It is not disturb even if I change my water last saturday, it just swimming around the pipe as if checking it out. It seems that it wanted to try the nori and mysis but it just stop short.

I will try the mussels and clams method but I am worry that my six line wrasse will get to that 1st - greedy fellow. <_<

I am still open to any suggestion. :D

Thanks for all your reply so far.

Cheers.

• SRC Member

Get a rock with zoo, coat it with pellet and frozen food. Put it back in his favourite swimming spot.

This is to hope that when it peck on the zoo, it'll eat some of the food and start to recognize them as food.

Most regal cannot resist zoo and will eat the zoo, thus tasting the pellet and frozen food too. :lol:

Get a rock with zoo, coat it with pellet and frozen food. Put it back in his favourite swimming spot.

This is to hope that when it peck on the zoo, it'll eat some of the food and start to recognize them as food.

Most regal cannot resist zoo and will eat the zoo, thus tasting the pellet and frozen food too. :lol:

Thanks, bro. Seem like a pretty sensible way.

:thanks: