My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Keep up the good work and keep coming with new pix.

I think your goby and maroon clown is gay. :ph34r::sick:

By the way, want to try spiky yet. Need frag just

let me noe, might have some to spare. ;)

:yeah::yeah: Really !!! Was thinking some days ago to try see whether some SPS to be put here....... Really appreciate ur generous gesture.... Can PM me for the frags :thanks::bow::bow::lol:

The circle ring was the area that I'm think for the SPS.... Considering the height and the water flow, think should be alright ? :huh:

post-34-1136562116.jpg

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Way to go man!!! SPS :D

No NO NO Not yet, maybe some little frags for the mountain top. As u know for SPS, u need deep deep pockets :sick: Whereas my pockets now got alot of holes liao :cry2:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
A pic of your Regal Tang, Bro!  :lol:

Hmm went down S.L today... did not get get the blue Tang as it is too small :snore: 1 inch only ah :cry: Anyway, won't be able to post any pics from now till early Feb as D.C taken by my F.I.L for holiday liao :cry2:

• SRC Member

Hey! Nice tank there Fishtalk, really like ur corals.

Fyn : i think i m like u. juz managed to persuade my parents on letting me hav a tank. Yea .. my mum heard some stories of tanks crashing from her colleagues as well, making it tough.

Oh yea .. Fishtalk , mind PM'ing me the contact of ur tank builder? I'm planning to custom make a tank. :) Currently in the process of planning my budget ( been saving hard esp. since i m still a student n i m to pay the full cost of the tank :pinch: )

:thanks:

• SRC Member
Hey!  Nice tank there Fishtalk, really like ur corals.

Fyn : i think i m like u. juz managed to persuade my parents on letting me hav a tank. Yea .. my mum heard some stories of tanks crashing from her colleagues as well, making it tough.

Oh yea .. Fishtalk , mind PM'ing me the contact of ur tank builder? I'm planning to custom make a tank. :) Currently in the process of planning my budget ( been saving hard esp. since i m still a student n i m to pay the full cost of the tank :pinch:  ) 

First of all, welcome to SRC to ur first post :P I have Pm u the details for the tank maker liao. :) Make no haste for the setting up of tank. PATIENCE is something u must remember for mairne tank.

There r some ways of getting ur setup of tanks;

1. Custom make one from tank makers, which u can design and custom fit to ur desire space at home but costs more $$ :huh:

2. Buy over from fellow reefers whom give up or due to upgrading of tanks. Usually a cheaper way of acquiring a full set up :lol:

3. Some reefers here also do give away tanks, but these lobang dun come often though <_<

Meanwhile can look out for equipments here at the Pasar Malam for second hand items. It would help u to save more $$.

So plan well and save hard for a deserve enticing tank :peace:

• SRC Member

Hmm went down S.L today... did not get get the blue Tang as it is too small :snore: 1 inch only ah :cry: Anyway, won't be able to post any pics from now till early Feb as D.C taken by my F.I.L for holiday liao :cry2:

They will grow to 2-3" within 6 months. By then you will think you should have bought a even smaller one. Mine bought around 1.5-2" now within 4 months have grown to 3-3.5" already :P

Hey! Nice tank there Fishtalk, really like ur corals.

Oh yea .. Fishtalk , mind PM'ing me the contact of ur tank builder? I'm planning to custom make a tank. :) Currently in the process of planning my budget ( been saving hard esp. since i m still a student n i m to pay the full cost of the tank :pinch: )

hi bro!!! glad to noe i'm not alone... hehehe... :P

• SRC Member

:) Yea .. i can't wait .. looking at all the tanks around here makes me envious.

Patience Patience. Yea .. i think its better for me to custom make one as the space i m fitting it into its sort of odd so its difficult to find one that fits. Plus if my budget allows why not go for something that would satisfy my 'hunger' for a much longer period of time b4 i start thinking of upgrading.

:thanks: for the advice!

• SRC Member
:)  Yea .. i can't wait .. looking at all the tanks around here makes me envious.   

Patience Patience.        Yea .. i think its better for me to custom make one as the space i m fitting it into its sort of odd so its difficult to find one that fits. Plus if my budget allows why not go for something that would satisfy my 'hunger' for a much longer period of time b4 i start thinking of upgrading.

:thanks:  for the advice!

Initially I was thinking of setting a 3x2x2, but after some long consideration, thought might as well bite the bullet and go for a bigger tank instead :look: Now super broke liao.... But do save as much as possible as this is a ' Wu Di Dong" hobby ..... but rewarding till u relax over ur coffee infront of the tank after a long day's work :pinch: