My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

wah.. suddenly siao acan ah? pratas dun wan liao? sell me lor.. hahaha

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Yes... show us some Acans please :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Got another acan but too stress and still refuse to open lei.. :huh: Hoping to add more after rescape. Hopefully befor enew year and I've delayed the process for too long. My friend will return me the blue tub to me ard next week and keeping finger cross :lol:

SUi lah bro.. i wanna see some fts!?!?

W.H, u managed to hooked up the CR ? New Year's ard the corner, u eyeing any gems to add to ur tank ???? :eyebrow:

wah.. suddenly siao acan ah? pratas dun wan liao? sell me lor.. hahaha

Ya... dunno why I suddenly siao acan.. But I do think they are hardy as I got one that droppedl into the rocks and M.I.A for abt a month. Managed to resuced it out and thought its a gonner but surprised me tat only one head dies off. :rolleyes: So I would think tat its quite a tought coral to keep ... Will go hunt for more for the collection. As for the pratas, due to my stupid careless mistakes of dosing... I murdered quite a few brains, cynarinas and pratas, including the orange fireworks and Homer's red prata :cry::cry2:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
First time I'm seeing this! Very nice! :)

:thanks: Boss ... actually seen it before and I really thought its black widow. Body full black and tattoos of blue stripes on the cheeks. Quite an interesting fellow to have. :upsidedown:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

Hey bro, yup its settled liao.. everything running properly now.. parameters all in check.. hopefully nothing screws up...

haha i just added some monti frags loh.. hopefully they can grow a little bit in 1 month which i highly doubt so. :(

Actually i just wanna add a A.T, so if you see any, let me know! :)

• SRC Member
Hey bro, yup its settled liao.. everything running properly now.. parameters all in check.. hopefully nothing screws up...

haha i just added some monti frags loh.. hopefully they can grow a little bit in 1 month which i highly doubt so. :(

Actually i just wanna add a A.T, so if you see any, let me know! :)

Oh tats good to hear tat the CR got hooked up. N dun worry abt the monti, with CR running, it will grow beri beri fast. I ever got a 2x2 inch montii and within 3 months, grew to palm size!!! :yeah: N I kid u not...

As for A.T, LCK recently got quite a few there. Not sure whether still have it or not ? But will keep a look out for ya :)

Continue to monitor the CR... you will grow to love this piece of equipment :eyebrow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Oh tats good to hear tat the CR got hooked up. N dun worry abt the monti, with CR running, it will grow beri beri fast. I ever got a 2x2 inch montii and within 3 months, grew to palm size!!! :yeah: N I kid u not...

As for A.T, LCK recently got quite a few there. Not sure whether still have it or not ? But will keep a look out for ya :)

Yeah, so now i just need to dose Reef builder to pump up my KH.. everything else is in check liao. just check parameters once in 2 weeks, saves me a lot of trouble man haha..

Thanks!! but let me wait for everything to be super stable first hhaaha then i will put..

• SRC Member
Yeah, so now i just need to dose Reef builder to pump up my KH.. everything else is in check liao. just check parameters once in 2 weeks, saves me a lot of trouble man haha..

Thanks!! but let me wait for everything to be super stable first hhaaha then i will put..

Think ur water perimeters should be alright now ... wait not too long as CNY ard the corner ya :whistle Meaning the price wise gonna be rocketed high too , esp red colored corals :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Got a way to make the acan open big big.... put in my tank!!! :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

Ok sure problem.. We made a pact remember ? I decomm, u get the acan.. LOL.. :lol: U keeping the other acan ? I'm considering tat piece too :P Let me know when ur 3 ft tank is up. Can pop by again to lok c look c

• SRC Member
:pinch: nice prata u have !! :pinch:

:thanks: Taz... Now will switched towards acans ... gonna hunt for more color variations for collection... :D U got any added corals/gems to ur tank recently ?

• SRC Member
:thanks: Taz... Now will switched towards acans ... gonna hunt for more color variations for collection... :D U got any added corals/gems to ur tank recently ?

Wow acans easy to take care ? never play before :unsure: yes bro :eyebrow: havent no time to take picture

• SRC Member
Wow acans easy to take care ? never play before :unsure: yes bro :eyebrow: havent no time to take picture

Blast the acans with MH and low flow ... N there u have it, nice aans puffying in ur tank....Again tryy not to shift too much of it, else stress to open up. Where do u usually shop for corals ? will wait for ur updates of pics ya :upsidedown:

• SRC Member
Blast the acans with MH and low flow ... N there u have it, nice aans puffying in ur tank....Again tryy not to shift too much of it, else stress to open up. Where do u usually shop for corals ? will wait for ur updates of pics ya :upsidedown:

usually i go farm or GO , u ?

• SRC Member
Think ur water perimeters should be alright now ... wait not too long as CNY ard the corner ya :whistle Meaning the price wise gonna be rocketed high too , esp red colored corals :eyebrow:

wah lau really my suay mouth. my freaking chiller switch dunno why kena turned off today and the bloody temperature went up to 32 degrees.. now all my corals stressed. Sian.

• SRC Member

Oh no. Wat trigger the switch to be off? Or is it there's problem with the chiller? Might wanna send for checks?

Hope your corals are better after the stress. Let me if u need help ya.

no really fixed place. sometimes I drive all over the place when not working :rolleyes: always ended up eating maggie noodles at home :P

Yes you ended up eating Maggi becoz you have to rush home (no time to pack for food) with all the big-bags-small-bags... enjoying a hot cup while monitoring your new acquired jewels is not too bad a dinner :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Yes you ended up eating Maggi becoz you have to rush home (no time to pack for food) with all the big-bags-small-bags... enjoying a hot cup while monitoring your new acquired jewels is not too bad a dinner :D

Oh no... Jervis, u spill the beans la.. How u know I BIG and small BAGS to tao bao home ? Anyway, its always be a joy to visits LFS and reward urself with wat else ?? :eyebrow: Then slowly make the painful, penniless trip back home to eat maggie lor...

Well... so as to say... here's something for u tat U sure gonna LOVE :whistle:eyebrow: Creamy miracle sesame paste :P To feast ur eyes when u much on ur chips ya :lol:

post-4134-1200658221.jpg

post-4134-1200658258.jpg

post-4134-1200658279.jpg

post-4134-1200658311.jpg

post-4134-1200658330.jpg