Packing fish

FuEl

Hi guys..anyone knows if fish the size of damsels can survive in a bag with pure oxygen for 27 hrs? Only looking at maybe 2 damsels for 1.5 liters of water. Any optimal air/water ratio I should take note of?

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

wad type of fish? from where to where?

Clownfish..from Aus to Sg..but they will be in the bag for 27 hrs as I will be collecting them a day before as I am unable to pick them up on the day itself because the shop will not be open so early.

My flight is in early morning even before the shop opens and it's the only flight that I can take to meet my schedule. The shop closes 4pm the day before so that's the latest I can collect the fish. Oh well, probably just have to put the fish in air-conditioning to lower their O2 consumption.

pack more O2 in the bag , best if u can seperate them

i've seen fish arriving @farms frm other countries which took hrs including transit to arrive here

27hrs sound long but i think that shipment took almost the same duration

+-+- , (eh if yr fish :sick: dun come aft mi ah )the smaller fishes had almost 0 DOA ,

while the bigger ones most of them didnt make it due to the bag size, most prob too stressed out.

try to wrap the lower portion of the bag wif newspaper, dunno y but most of the fish r packed in such.

:) ZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ :snore::snore::snore::snore:

• SRC Member

should not be a problem lah....some shipments take much longer than that to get to sg. I think aprox ratio should be 1/3 water and 2/3 02. Probably more important to not feed the fish for a day or two before packing....

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

• SRC Member
Ok..will tell the people not to.. don't want a bag of fish poop. :lol:

shd nt be a prob....less water n more O2....nt only dere will be fish poop....the fish will die oso.... ;)

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

usually fish will arrive within 24 hours. unless there is a transit flight. or flight delayed. mayb u can use anaesthetic. this way they will not use too much O2 and also poo lesser. pack it in a bigger bag with reasonable amount of water and more oxygen. keep it cold. mayb can but some carbon in the water.(put the carbon in one of those coffee strainer)