suntec tank condition

Rocky99

• SRC Member
Don't make that error in judgment pls... as for the rest of us, its ok to vent on the poor conditions but as long as we know that the rest of the public is watching this issue closely, then I am sure the company or personel involved will have a lot to prove for their own reputation.

Now I would kindly ask those not involved to back off from commenting on this issue.

AT, r u referring to the same pt with the above 2 quotes?

So can vent or cannot vent? :evil:

Anyway, BH and all who did write in, we know your intentions and I salute your guts, passion and determination to make a difference.

guts got nothing to do with it. A clear conscience in the heart is enough.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Reefers,

We have been following this thread in recent days due to the spotlight on the marine tank in Suntec City. At this stage, we have decided that we need to clarify a few things which we feel that the general reefing community have mistaken. or have recieved/conjured a wrong impression :

Harlequin Marine is contracted by Coral Reef Aquarium Manufacturer (CR) to perform the following :

1. Supply and scape liverocks.

2. Supply livestocks and coral.

3. Supply and install skimmers.

Our participation in this project ended on 16th November 2005 when we handed back the maintenance responsibilities of the tank to CR. We did however, turn up over the next 3 days to feed the fishes out of concern for the livestocks. This was done out of our concerns and care for livestocks in the tank and was not within our contractual responsibilites.

As part of our business operations at Harlequin Marine includes tank set-up, design, planning, construction and maintenance of reef-tanks, we like to emphasize that in this case we are NOT involved in the planning, design and construction of the system of the tank. We were however involved in the early stages of maintenance of the tank up to 16th November 2005 as mentioned above.

All said, we hope the general community would have a better idea of our limited involvement in this project. Should anyone have any queries or clarifications, pls do not hesitate to email us at ace@harlequinmarine.com. Thank You! :bow:

Harlequin Marine Pte Ltd

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Just visited the tank. As I am just finally back in Singapore for a while.

Got to say the specimans in the tank are not too bad. Clams are nice, the fishes also not too bad, got quite a few regal tangs. Nice size too. The zoos are really not too bad, pity it is nudis infested. The nudis are also quite huge! I like the cupped jewel in the middle, where one clown is hosting it, quite a unique piece. As for the condition of the LS, well, room for improvement as most of them put it.

I sincerely hope that all will be well for both the fishes and the guys who are maintaining the tanks.

Happy Holidays!

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• 4 weeks later...