DIY DI Water Purification System

May&Bruce

• SRC Member

hey bruce & simon, just want to inform you that i have passed 728 litres thru the resins and the reading is 0.56 mv. please note that my cannister is 20 inch. hope that it will last 2000litres. let's keep an update on how many litres before we have to change resins. Cheers

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
yeah! best time, talking ######, singing song and laughing. ;)

Hi to my new buddies, gouldian, shootsimon, playstation2, anthony, mazstar81, madmac, etc,:)

Oh yah, and sorry about the drink simon. ;)

No sweat man but bro playststion2 tot tat my marine tank has made my floor some how sticky :lol::D but its from the drink :lol:

• SRC Member
hey bruce & simon, just want to inform you that i have passed 728 litres thru the resins and the reading is 0.56 mv. please note that my cannister is 20 inch. hope that it will last 2000litres. let's keep an update on how many litres before we have to change resins. Cheers

Yup will keep you guys updated :D

After water starts flowing thru did you guys notice that the resin separated. The black beads sinks to the bottom and the goldish beads rested on top of it. :unsure:

I threw away the 1st 20Litre as it has a tint of colour and slight odour. Might be from the carbon block. The next 20 litre was colourless and odourless with 000 reading :lol:

Will be doing some water change when I collected 80 litre. :lol:

• SRC Member

Simon....dunno which carbon block you are using but the carbon block that I got from C326 did the same as yours. After running 20 litres or so of water through it, it came clear.

Real reefs don't have glass bottoms....(...think about it)

• SRC Member

hey Blenny....

First one I used was a GAC cartridge that emitted lots of carbon dust (you need to flush them for a few minutes before using). The latest one is a carbon block one from Malaysia but "USA design". This one turned the water yellow for a few minutes, but after a while it came quite clear.

Real reefs don't have glass bottoms....(...think about it)

• SRC Member

Hi.. Jus wanna to say thanks to all who was there. :D ...um esp, Simon for your hospitality in hosting this... apologies to the guys for turning up late and going off early too. My system is still not up, no DI resin.

For those who have asked about the RO thinggy and why the 1 micron, there's this link here that quite informative

RO/DI FAQ

and Randy's article : RO/DI

Also, I'm jus wondering if anyone else want to share a bulk order on DI mixed-bed Resin. I'm intending to order 25 liters. I think I can take 5 liters for myself. Thnx all. :)

• SRC Member

I get my DI resin cartridge from RB at $35. Possible to buy the resin in loose pack for replacement instead. That shd same some cost!

Had only been collecting ard 300 liters of water and the TDS raise from 0 to 11ppm. On avg, the tap water in my hse is ard 55ppm. Is there diff grades of resin which will affect the capacity of DI water?

• SRC Member
Let post this at the bulk order section.

And I don't mind coordinating it :lol:

Will start after we sort of some QnR first :P

You've got PM.

I've posted all the details you've requested and will need for the coordination. Thnx for taking over, jus a little busy of late.

• SRC Member
I get my DI resin cartridge from RB at $35. Possible to buy the resin in loose pack for replacement instead. That shd same some cost!

Had only been collecting ard 300 liters of water and the TDS raise from 0 to 11ppm. On avg, the tap water in my hse is ard 55ppm. Is there diff grades of resin which will affect the capacity of DI water?

actually I intended to get resin from reborn as well.

that means their resin only good for 300L instead of 600L?

how much resin is needed to fill the 10" DIY filter housing?

bulk order here or bulk order thread?

• SRC Member

for those who have enquired:

The company is purolite; www.purolite.com

The product is MB-400

Price is S$(8.50 * 25 liters)+GST

Delivery is S$24+GST

Total is S$236.50+GST = S$248.33

So that works out to jus under S$10/liter

Am attaching the datasheet for those interested

rickster88888 are you in for 5 liters ?

boxfish?

MB400.pdf

i bought it from RB too.have collected more than 500liters and TDS still zero leh,humm...maybe my meter got problem..keke.

intend to pour out the used resin and replace by cheaper resin:)

• SRC Member

i bought it from RB too.have collected more than 500liters and TDS still zero leh,humm...maybe my meter got problem..keke.

intend to pour out the used resin and replace by cheaper resin:)

Are you using two DI cartridge for yr DI unit?