electric shock

colinsoon

• SRC Member

hi guys, juz wanna ask...

i was trying to get my canister to work juz now, and after the canister started running, i wanted to clear up my tank, and i got a very nasty electric shock! no idea why my canister will be leaking electricity.. anyway, i am more concered bout the water... cos i got NSW for my new tank, i am like seriously wondering will the electricity passing thru the water kill off everything inside? bacteria and all? do i have to get new NSW for the tank? urgent!!!!

• SRC Member

IMO.....nth will happen..jus dun put ur hands inside... :P

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

i suggest u use a test pen to chk where the leak comes frm.... yr cannister probably made in china yeah? i had lots of prob with those as well, cheap but sucks...

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

You a funny guy you know. Worry more to the water than ur family and urself.

You get shock bcos you are gounded. The water is just electrically charged but no shock. The fishes feels nothing.

Find the source and fix it.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

hahahaha eh bro... i am worried dat something might happen to the water and stuff living inside.. cos i bought NSW... hahaha.. sikali like dunno how many billion years ago... lightning keep striking the sea... den things start to mutate.. dun wan it to happen to my tank.. haha... anyway i got a new canister from bio-ocean... quite over my budget but i super like it, cos its damn quiet and good! bros there helped me out a lot too.. haha...

• SRC Member

Just ground your tank for safety reason.... SW tank will corrode metal.... be it the metal parts in your pump, lighting & etc eesily... get titanium spoke from and bicycle shop, connect it to a wire connector on 1 end, and connect the other end of the wire connect with wire. then connect the wire to the "earth of your socket... of anything happen, the leakage will be grounded... if the leakage is too serious, the power will trip and you are saved...

i've been using a stainless steel bicycle spoke connected to a 3pins plug with no signs of corrosion for the past few months liao. think at most cost $1 or less at all bicycle shops. make sure get those bare unfinished ones(silver). u wun wan ur spoke to shed off the paint into ur tank water! ti ones are harder to get koz too ex and not much in demand liao. marwi tri dye ti spokes i got for ard $4.60 per pc & dt ti spokes ard $3 per pc.