Ques on Overflow box

laona

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

wanna ask if anyone got experience with overflow box before? need some advice on how to go abt getting it, where to get it, problems using it, and how much it costs... dun think my mom will let me drill my tank at home..so its is e other alternative to bring water to sump..

Better to drill your tank before start. I used the external overflow box previously but after new tank with internal overflow. Like Ozy said, external overflow you have to monitor the sifon of the overflow, if sifon break. the overflow will stop ###### water from your tank to sump.

• SRC Member

thanks bro for your input..but wat really happens when e siphon breaks?? can someone explain?? and how it breaks...hrm...

will definately get build-in overflow for my nxt tank..but thats when i get my own income first..hahaha..

• SRC Member

the syphon breaks when air enters the body of water that fills the syphon pipe.

i've used the ibox from our sponsor iaquatics with no problems. its done in such a way that when pumps are turned off and water stops flowing into the overflow, the syphon will remain intact.

• SRC Member
thanks bro tanga, hav been camping recently in pasar malam..no luck..but will wait..hrm..might wanna visit I aquatics soon!! thanks!!

er..bro ozy..i still new...wat u mean when breaking e siphon??

A well designed overflow box will not break siphon unless u purposely break it.

Cheers

JC