Is Scallops considered under this topic ?

gunzo

• SRC Member

filter feeder .. moves by itself ?????????

on top of rocks before dinner .. after dinner come back .. at the base of the rocks hiding liao.. sigh .. want to see the white electrical arcs going around .. :yeah:

so wha'dya think ?? should I move it to a visible place or let it lie ?? wasted man .. can't see .. just lots of tentacles floating..

aquatronica7na.gif

• SRC Member

scallops are afriad of lights and tend to hide themselves away from light.

one of the best location to put a scallop and having a higher chances of it not moving away is in caves or crevices with strong water flow and of cos you still want it to be in sight but not in light.

and if it still moves let it search its own place then.

• SRC Member
Elune,

Oi, trying 2b funny ah!?

Got receive my mail a not.

Panzz,

Hm, I don't have a shaded place with good

flow leh.... :( Must rescape ah. Is wat Gift05

said true !? Do i have to probe it b4 it starts

zapping 4 my entertainment !? :P

haha don't really know bout the probing part but mine seems to be doing that zapping thing even without doing anything to it.

• SRC Member
Lucky U.

Hm, see the next time i go still

have a not loh.If have then i buy loh.

Can i know how much U buy it for !?

Just in case. Thanks!

Henry still has .. ALOT of them .. very nice

thanks panzz .. mine stuck to glass at night .. this morning shift again .. now under a spot where I can see but not much light ..

then again .. dark cannot see the zapping .. must shine light then can see :(

very nice zap zap :yea:

Oh yes .. bought $8 from Pacific Reef .. didn't ask henry when I dropped by today

aquatronica7na.gif

Hi guys,

I got one of these flamming scallops as well...

When i first bought it, the shells are pearly white...

But now it's kinda dark (Seems like oxidation process occured)

Anyway, to see it's 'lightning' is so interesting. Visitors to my house

seems to gawk at it all the time. lol. Also sometimes it applaudes those

visitors by clapping it's shells together as if saying 'kam sia kam sia' ...

How do u guys feed your scallops?

• SRC Member

Not to be negative or anything.... But scallops filter feed.... which means they need alot of food..... i dont think we want to let it have alot of food and ruin our water.. therefore by not having enough food.. it tends to wither away fast....my 2 cents... and in my experience.. i dont think we need to poke it just to see the "electricity"... mine is zapping away all the time i see it....

• SRC Member

last time when i had it.. i fed it liquid suspension food..... those in a bottle type.... but the best will be cultured phytoplankton......i feed it twice daily... once before going school... and one at night before sleep.... u need to suck the food into a pipette and gently blow it onto the scallop.... dont blow it too hard... or it will shut or worse take flight elsewhere.....

The best will be to have a constant drip of food... but that will be inpractical to our house aquarium.......and the lots of feeding will quickly pollute the water.. resulting in a more frequent waterchange for you..

• SRC Member
last time when i had it.. i fed it liquid suspension food..... those in a bottle type.... but the best will be cultured phytoplankton......i feed it twice daily... once before going school... and one at night before sleep.... u need to suck the food into a pipette and gently blow it onto the scallop.... dont blow it too hard... or it will shut or worse take flight elsewhere.....

The best will be to have a constant drip of food... but that will be inpractical to our house aquarium.......and the lots of feeding will quickly pollute the water.. resulting in a more frequent waterchange for you..

hi .. my scallop seemed to found the perfect place to hide ..

just under a rock arch .. still visible from outside the tank .. it's an area of low flow where all the leftover foods goes to and settle .. I'll monitor and see if it needs more food (er .. how do I tell ??) but it seems happy there .. never adjust position already..

aquatronica7na.gif

• SRC Member

hello bro gunzo...... congrats on your scallop finding a spot on your reef.....

Low flow ?? perhaps u might like to increase the flow just by abit.... for 2 reasons.. the stronger flow will bring the scallop more tid bits... and also help to carry its waster away.....

If it seems happy..... LEAVE IT ALONE and continue religiously feeding it... make feeding your scallop a habit...haha......

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

think Marine Life has a couple handy everytime I'm there :D

otherwise dunno .. see them occasionally from Ah Beng's ..

Mine has paired up with my boxers (shrimps .. not my shorts :lol:) :yeah:

interesting relationship .. kekekeke ..

aquatronica7na.gif