Bowling tips?

blueheaven

Hi guys, just want to ask bowlers out there whether they got any tips for the sport.

I'm a straight bowler but occationally I do spinners if I have the strength.

Just wanna ask, how do you increase the speed of the ball?

I read that swinging the ball higher during the approach would work but it doesn't seem so <_<

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Anyone? :huh:

• SRC Member

if u swing higher you cant balance also no use ?

for eg i can use a size 13 or 14 to do a straight bowl

however for me to do a nice spin i need a size 10 or 11.

To do a spin it required a good wrist power and strong finger as when u do spin you dont put the fingers all the way in,

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

spinner muz ask mi.. haha.. for mi. i have my own spinner ball.. but if u use house ball.. a 14pound ball is best and easy to use.. when u swing to the back.. make sure when u release the ball, u make a 360degree turn and release it.. u don have to release the ball with lots of strength.. as the weight have already act on a force to the ball.. if for hook ball.. have to teach personally(if use house ball) it is very easy to use house ball to plae hook too.. and it fun olso.. haha..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

Spinners usually lighter balls. Heavy balls are for hookers.

House balls, will be difficult to perform both consistently......if you are really interested, would be good if you can get your own bowling ball.

I am using a 15 pound ball for hook. My friends are using around 12 pounds for spinners.

To increase ball speed, idea is not to deliberately swing faster but to have a higher back swing. But the timing of your approach will need to alter slightly.

Anyway, ball speed is not everything, can try to improve your ball revolutions to get more pin actions.

My two cents worth......hope it helps.

I use my own ball to do spins which I will usually do in the first few games

I get good revs though but if I do it too fast, it will go out of target and if I do it too slow, the pin action is just not enough <_<

Hmm timing, will take note of that

Anyway, I heard that the follow through has some impact on the speed.

How is that so? :huh:

• SRC Member
I use my own ball to do spins which I will usually do in the first few games

I get good revs though but if I do it too fast, it will go out of target and if I do it too slow, the pin action is just not enough <_<

:fear: bro dont use ur own ball to spin ....sound so ...... :nuke:

How about let have a game one of these day winner take all the frag hahahah :lol::lol:

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
Spinners usually lighter balls. Heavy balls are for hookers.

House balls, will be difficult to perform both consistently......if you are really interested, would be good if you can get your own bowling ball.

I am using a 15 pound ball for hook. My friends are using around 12 pounds for spinners.

To increase ball speed, idea is not to deliberately swing faster but to have a higher back swing. But the timing of your approach will need to alter slightly.

Anyway, ball speed is not everything, can try to improve your ball revolutions to get more pin actions.

My two cents worth......hope it helps.

CK stop playing with the stick and white dimple ball.....

Change to the bigger and heavier 3 holes ball like that i can join you also what.

• SRC Member

what is the purpose of you wanting more speed ?

at the end of the day, if you are serious about bowling, it is the final score that counts.

ask any good bowler, it is consistency that really matters.

it is not about strikes (at least not now), but spares that can bring you up to a higher average.

personally, i bowl with a relatively good speed of the ball. i believe the trick to it is to have the right momentum. i have a high back swing, but i don't think that contributes much to the speed. it is the momentum that does the works.

another tip, adjust to the lane condition fast and concentrate on EVERY ball.

enjoy, my friend.

:fear: bro dont use ur own ball to spin ....sound so ...... :nuke:

How about let have a game one of these day winner take all the frag hahahah :lol::lol:

SRC bowling competition, sound like a good idea!! :lol:

I think AT bowls too B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Sounds like a good idea and opportunity to take out the dusty old ball in the storeroom. I'd be interested in a bowling tourney!....

btw, like what the rest have said, speed isn't everything. What u really want is pin action and with the new balls these days, that can be achieved with the right fitting and drilling. Only downfall is that u'd probably have to invest in better equipment.

Spinners and Hookers have a completely different type of play anyways, so check with the pro shop dude and he'll be the best person to advice you if ur planning on getting a new ball.

But if you just wanna increase your speed for the extra punch, raising your swing would be better than increasing your speed during your release/follow through. And as stated before, your timing would need to be altered too...generally, you'd enther need to shorten your steps or push off a lil earlier before the first step (or second, depending on whether u take a 4 or 5 step approach)

Also, what angle are you hitting the pocket at? is it straight on or from an angle? that'll make a big difference to your pin action as well...

my 2.5 cents.....good luck with it! ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

I think I'll stick with being a straight/spinner than a hooker although I'm experimenting on hooking now. Can't seem to get it right no matter how <_<

I usually aim at the second arrow since the ball goes straight :)

And btw, is pin action related to anything? I mean is it directly related to speed, weight, angle, etc? :huh:

Wondering about this cause I once had a "pro" teach me a thing or two and I noticed he actually lofted the ball to somewhere over the arrows and he did get real good pin action. (Wonder why the centre didn't ban him for doing that :lol: )

• SRC Member
I think I'll stick with being a straight/spinner than a hooker although I'm experimenting on hooking now. Can't seem to get it right no matter how <_<

I usually aim at the second arrow since the ball goes straight :)

And btw, is pin action related to anything? I mean is it directly related to speed, weight, angle, etc? :huh:

Wondering about this cause I once had a "pro" teach me a thing or two and I noticed he actually lofted the ball to somewhere over the arrows and he did get real good pin action. (Wonder why the centre didn't ban him for doing that :lol: )

Pin action is related to ball revolutions, speed and angle of entry to the pocket. Personally i think hooking has far more advantages than spinners. With the way balls are built these days, it's easier to increase overall revs on the ball and depending on how it's drilled, can give good angles of entry as well. But i guess at the end of the day, technology can only serve to assist in ones game....but can't make u a champ so it still boils down to the basics. Discipline and consistency...just keep practicing and like one of the previous reefers said, get good at your spares, and when u feel you've conquered that, more on to the strikes. But spares at this stage in your development would be the most important thing. When u've mastered that and hit the big leagues, then u start worrying about ball revs, pin actions....cos then u'd wanna focus on stringing those strikes together.

All the best...

ps. And sorry to hear that you're leaving sgreef. Haven't been following but wondering what was the reason that drove the decision? Anyways...all the best....

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef