Predators of Clams

Brunei

Hi bros...

Recently found a tiny shrimp about 1 inch long with tiny black spots on its body in my tank. It seems to be lingering around clam. Is this shrimp eating my clam?? 2 days ago, my bigger squamosa shrank and died later today. Prior to it's demise, i also discovered that bugger hanging around my clam's mantle. I was so afraid it would attack the byssyl (duno the spelling) gland of the clam. Should i remove this monster? Helppp me bros.. dun wan my 2 crocea to die!!

• SRC Member

Hi bro... perhaps you would like to tell us your water parameter and equipment specs...... i dont think the shrimp caused the death of ur squamosa.... i read somewhere shrimps are attracted to dying clams... so this means that the clam is already dying or stressed or weak then the shrimp came in..... if the clam is healthy it will be able to close its shells quickly and snap the shrimp into two.... perhaps the shrimp is a symbiotic shrimp that naturally is associated to clams just like acropora crab is associated to acropora corals...... hope this helps abit....btw.. condolences on ur croceas' passing on...