A Newbie's Tank ... My 1St

Qxnviolet

• SRC Member
YOUR BUBBLES>>> woah... very nice. I never had success with them... <_<

Hey bro, any ideas if the blue eyes will be compatible with dispars?

Thanks....i love those 2 bubbles too. Got that 2nd larger piece even though its abit too large for my tank. Proberbly around 1 feet when fully expanded. :lol: You've tried bubbles before? They are quite easy as compared to harder coras like cynarinna. What happened to yours?

I really have no idea if blue eyes are compatible with dispars ornot. Sorry, only have blue eyes in my tank. I really like them. Much more than the purple queens i had. :upsidedown:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Thanks....i love those 2 bubbles too. Got that 2nd larger piece even though its abit too large for my tank. Proberbly around 1 feet when fully expanded. :lol: You've tried bubbles before? They are quite easy as compared to harder coras like cynarinna. What happened to yours?

I really have no idea if blue eyes are compatible with dispars ornot. Sorry, only have blue eyes in my tank. I really like them. Much more than the purple queens i had. :upsidedown:

The bubbles i have only opened a few days when i added it to my tank.. then after.. never again. Upon closer examination I notice that the 'bubbles' are punctured. By wat i dont know... Cant seemed to weed out anyone suspicous.

Haiz... 1 foot bubbles... i want also...

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member

The bubbles i have only opened a few days when i added it to my tank.. then after.. never again. Upon closer examination I notice that the 'bubbles' are punctured. By wat i dont know... Cant seemed to weed out anyone suspicous.

Haiz... 1 foot bubbles... i want also...

Hrmz, i have no idea what happened. Do you have anything LS/Inverts with sharp clwas or spikes in there? My smaller bubble totally collapses sometimes leaving just abit of skin visible on the skeleton...have no idea why it does that but it always go back to full bloom pretty fast.

The new bubble looks more translucent than the smaller one. Caught my eye immediately. Luckily i found a spot for it in my small tank. Hehe, the shop had a close to 1 foot cateye bubble too, no more space in tank!! :lol: Hope the reefing passion continues to burn in me....a enw tank in 2 years' time!! :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

• SRC Member

Corals are life forms too and they'll fall "sick" just like your LS. I have not come across any website that comprehensively lists out the disaeses that can affect a coral....anyone has a link to sites like that?

Most LPS will do very well in your tank once it stabilises, just have to be careful about them stinging each other and 1 thing i've learnt...never get any specimens that are not doing well in the LFS. Not that we cant get it to bloom, but just to be on the safe side. I once bough a cheapo hammer which was a sizeable piece....it was in a tank with other hammers that had some heads melted. Died within 2 days in my tank and brought long with it to heaven my true octo and my beautiful frogspawn... :( Ah well, its always better to learn from other ppl's mistakes tahn your own. You won't live love enough to make all of them. Haha, thats what they always say in my work place. :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

• SRC Member
bro Qxnviolet,

Do u mind sparing some green star polys if u r fragging it. I have been searching high and low for it.

TIA :lol:

Haha, sure thing....i'll try frag a piece for you when the thing spreads. Oh, golden octo has some really brillant green coloured star polyps...much greener than mine, but pretty expensive i think... :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

Your tank is looking so nice :rolleyes: I envy your atinic blue light... so soothing and calm. The Sea Fan also requires low to medium light, so dunno having it at the top is a good idea. I am facing the same problem too. With the MH, my entire tank is medium to high light intensity. What's in your betta box?

Oh how long does your previous sea fan took to melt down? Does it create too much havoc?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Is it true that the Sun Coral will only open up fully at night? Coz I am thinking of adding some bright orange into my tank. Already got a place for it.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Hrmz, heard that too....but my orange one opens up when i feed my fishes, even when the lights are on. The yellow one is strange though, don't really open up fully whether there is light ornot....

Ok so I will go look for the orange ones. :thanks:

• SRC Member

haha bro!

finally you can understnad wat i mean... my red suns are just lidat lor... cannot open properly... i tried all sorts of means to get it to open, but to no avail. think just let it open up over time. for mine its opening up bigger and bigger already....

• SRC Member
haha bro!

finally you can understnad wat i mean... my red suns are just lidat lor... cannot open properly... i tried all sorts of means to get it to open, but to no avail. think just let it open up over time. for mine its opening up bigger and bigger already....

Haha okayz,

Will just leave it there and not stress it anymore by shifting it here and there.... :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

My yellow sun corals doesn't open up nicely the way the orange does. Its always like that...any tips?

For my case, when I first introduced them into my tank, they don't extend outwards. It was only after weeks of conditioning then they became like this. B)

Entice them with the juices of your mysis shrimps, then feed them everyday. Soon, they'll be nicely opened.

Oh, they prefer to open up when there is no light. So if you wanna see them in full glory, you'd gotta wait until nightfall (and you off your lights).

(~ cci[RR]us ~)
A pair of Nemos :: Deep Sand Bed
Solite 2x24W T5 :: Prizm Skimmer with Overflow attachment

My shrimp heavily loaded with eggs....doubt i'll be able to see the baby shrimps though, the eggs will prob be eaten up by fishes and inverts.... :)

Nice bro... so proud of you. Who's the father? Is the father in your tank or someone elses? lol

• SRC Member
us,Mar 12 2006, 03:46 PM]

For my case, when I first introduced them into my tank, they don't extend outwards. It was only after weeks of conditioning then they became like this. B)

Entice them with the juices of your mysis shrimps, then feed them everyday. Soon, they'll be nicely opened.

Oh, they prefer to open up when there is no light. So if you wanna see them in full glory, you'd gotta wait until nightfall (and you off your lights).

Hrmz, my orange ones opened fully the very next day (even with lights on), so i was wondering if the yellow type is any different from the orangy ones...ah well, hope they'll open soon.... :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

• SRC Member

Nice bro... so proud of you. Who's the father? Is the father in your tank or someone elses? lol

Haha, someone else's la, passed by a LFS on my way to my parents' place and they had lots of shrimps loaded wth eggs, so got one back to accompany my lonely cleaner shrimp. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog