Sps In A Mixed Reef

little??? :huh::lol::thanks:

Cmunster... most of my sps are no more than 12 inches from my T5s. My T5s are 3" from the surface. I'm sure you'd do fine... keep us posted on how your first sps fares.

:idea: That's the secret! ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...if T5's are acceptable for SPS, I'm really tempted :) I've got space on top of those rocks to spare and they are very very near my lights.

Do anyone have a small SPS frag to spare, for me to try out. Saw the tiny staghorns at PR, very tempted leh...but so afraid that I might kill that $50 branch. The rest of the colonies seemed too big for my tank.

So...anyone kind souls? :P

Jim

• SRC Member
Hmm...if T5's are acceptable for SPS, I'm really tempted :)  I've got space on top of those rocks to spare and they are very very near my lights.

Besides intense lighting and good flow/circulation, you need optimal water conditions/parameters and your calcium and alk levels need to be maintained as well.

Besides intense lighting and good flow/circulation, you need optimal water conditions/parameters and your calcium and alk levels need to be maintained as well.

Thanks! Lighting was my only concern. The water parameters are all good :) Water is changed every week, even before any detectable nitrates are noticed.

So anyone? he he :D

• SRC Member
Ok bro AT, then end Oct after Aquarama, pls help me re landscape my tank to build higher shelves, I want to keep some sps up there. hehehe Intend to keep frags and see how they go.  Edwin gave me a purple tip white base with flouro green polyps to try out. But he said it was already half dead. I really dunno, can't tell if its dead or not as it was already white when I got it. But its got slight purplish tips and flourescent polyps near the tips. Its quite cool! Looks like I have to eat my "they are just ugly sticks in the water" comment. hehehe

If not for the recent colours, I never knew these sticks could be so beautiful. Now I'm even trying to figure out how to upgrade my lights to 250W x 2.

i have the same species as yours too..

after my 2 feet tank crashed, now left is the base of it..but growing upwards, polyps still green and will do best under 250w 6500K

post-22-1065668442.jpg

Tank: 5 X 2 X 2.5

Sump : 3 X 1.5 X 1.8

Tunze 6060

Tunze TF08

Oceanrunner 6500

Deltec AP 902 Protein Skimmer

I-Aquatic Calcium Reactor

Arctica Chiller