My 3ft tank

bluewind79

HI Bro,

How many return lines do u have  to ur main tank from ur sump? ALso, u using 1 seio 620 for this 3 ft. How's the water circulation? sufficient water movement?

I only have 1 return line back to the main tank. At this point, i find my tank have sufficient water movement with the help of 1 seio 620 & the rock scapping i have ('bridge' at the middle of the tank & the rocks not touching any side of the tank) which allow better water circulation in the tank

• SRC Member

nice tank.

if you want a solution for your tangs that keep pecking on your prata and cna,

best way is to remove them :D joking, maybe if you really have no choice, you would have to choose between either your tangs or your pratas, cna.

• SRC Member

Hi Bluewind

Nice setup. How's your chiller performing for a 3ft? Is it undersized? U mentioned that there is only 1 return pipe from the sump to the main tank, so does the chiller's outlet return to the sump or the main tank? Thanks for sharing.

Hi Bluewind

Nice setup. How's your chiller performing for a 3ft? Is it undersized? U mentioned that there is only 1 return pipe from the sump to the main tank, so does the chiller's outlet return to the sump or the main tank? Thanks for sharing.

So far the chiller is working fine and able to keep the water cool at 26 degree but the HP is undersized for a 3 ft tank which make it kick in quite often. I choose it due to its price as i've budget constraint when i setup, bought it at $280 1st hand.

As for the outlet of the chiller, it was return back to the last compartment of the sump from the second compartment of the sump.