620 or 820????

• SRC Member

am currently having an 820 in my 2 by 1 by 1.5 tank, and its just nice, IMO. the current generated by the 820 can barely reach the bottom opposite end of the tank, since i placed it at the top right corner of the tank, with the nozzle angled diagonally to the center of the tank.

i have another 2 by 1 by 1.2 tank, which i placed a 620 at the top left angled downwards, the current is juz sufficient to cover half of the tank, the right corner of the tank is still very quiet...

IMO, the force of the seio will be reduced if you choose to use the housing that comes with it, if you dont, the current will be much stronger, and occupies more space. i will try to post fotos of the positioning of my 820 in the morning... my fishes are sleeping right now, dun wanna wake them up... my 620 is in my home tank, so no fotos...

All in All, I strongly suggest an 2 or more 820s placed on opposite ends of the tank, to create a sufficient water movement in the tank... if you wan might even go for the 1100..

my 1 angbao's owrth...

• SRC Member
of i place it. in the middle of the cornor of the tank. blowing at an angle slightly upwards.

is it ok?

Are you running a sump with return pipe into the main tank? If you are, you may want to adjust the returning water such that it covers the top and middle section of your tank. Then you can place the seios near the base to cover water flow at the lower area.

• SRC Member

i am using two 820s in my 3-footer. placed each 820 at each back end of the tank and point them blowing towards the centre of the opposite (front) glass panel.

works well for months already.

blessed chinese new year.

• SRC Member
oh yeah bro dreamzcape, will post the fotos here... just for you... tats y i am taking the trouble to take the fotos of my messy tank now... haha...

wah feel very honoured leh...thanks loads dude =) or maybe more appropriate to put in your own tank thread in "member's tanks"?

oh yea..wanna ask u...u are using the square housing ah? never take out and just use the circular outlet?

• SRC Member

i tried using juz the circular thingie, but tis too strong, to my liking, created a storm in my tank, feels as though its gonna rip all my mushies off the rocks lidat... i rescaped a lil, placed my mushies and seio far far apart, and used the housing... the housing reduces the flow, but at least i see my mushies flapping... i am contented le la... till i find more time to frag the mushies and place them in better places.. my rockscape now damn obsence, circular rocks placed on top of each other only. booooooooo.......... <_<<_<<_<

• SRC Member

wah feel very honoured leh...thanks loads dude =) or maybe more appropriate to put in your own tank thread in "member's tanks"?

oh yea..wanna ask u...u are using the square housing ah? never take out and just use the circular outlet?

yo bro dreamzcape, posted a foto... wanna see the real thing can come over my place see! haha... move over to hall 16 la, den we can be side by side le...

which is more approperiate ... one 820 or 620 for 2 feet ?? i am lost :unsure:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

i planted a 820 and a 620 in my current tank, and found that with the nozzles pointing towards the middle portion of the tank, the current is juz bout sufficient to very gently stir the sandbed, considering that my tank is pretty deep, and rockscape pretty dense. will dissipate quite a bit of the force from the seios. Of course, right now i am offering the suggestion assuming that the housing is being used. unfortunately, my home tank requires a seio too, so i have to remove the 620 and bring it home.

bro Gouldian, who very kindly sold me the seios, was using the seios in his 2

footer too. the 620 and 820 planted to face each other... current was just rite.

and yet again, i would say it boils down to the owner's preference, as to how much water movement the owner wans in his/her tank. i prefer a mini storm, instead of gentle breeze... of course a cyclone is out of the question...

hope i am not confusing anyone. cos i think i am confusing myself... haha.

i am using serio 620 in my 2 ft

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W