Water movement???

• SRC Member

hey guys,

i am really lost on this!

i have been wanting to get something to improve the water circlation in my 2 feet tank. Dunno what to use.

was thinking about the seio 620....but i am just worried that it might be too powerful.

my other option was the use 2 tunze mini pumps and place it at different locations to create some water movement. this will be better in terms of the aesthetics....

so yeah..please help me decide what to use..

thanks..

jon

• SRC Member

If you are talking about a standard 2 feet tank (2' X 1' X 1'-1.5'), i don't think you have that much space to put 2 Seios in. But if you talking about a 2 feet cube, probably you can squeeze more than one in.

Although, the more Seios the merrier, do not forget that the main thing you want to see in your fish tank is your corals and fishes, not your equipment.

If more Seios do not really fit in the tank, if budget and number of power points allow, I would say go for more smaller pumps/wavemakers. Those compact eheim/tunze would be perfect.

Personally, I'd rather put in 5 to 6 compact eheims, well conceal by rock work to create a more random and multi directional water flow.

Although it is more expensive than 2 Seios, but I'd think it will be more beneficial to the tank, the LS and my eyes. After all, the tank owner should be the one enjoying his tank right? Or not why start it in the first place? ;)

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member
get 2 620s if you are not very adventurous. if you are, you will find 2 820s placed on either side of the tank better, both pointing to the middle of the tank. this way current flow is maximised.

wow !! 2 x 820s for a two footer ?

don't you think it will be an overkill and cause a sand storm ?

besides, the equipment will take quite a lot of space.

imho

• SRC Member

depends on where you put the seios. lots of bros here think 2 is an overkill. its all up to your personal preference. i have seen and used 2 in the same tank, and realised its to my exact liking. its a very subjective matter. IMO too.

wah i say put 2 seios only kanna flamed le... dun wan talk le nxt time... <_<<_<

• SRC Member

oh ya. must depend on the height of the tank also la. if its only 1-1.2 foot, den putting 1 is definitely more than enuff. and common sense would tell you not to angle the nozzle downwards to the SB to prevent a sandstorm. and depends on the substrate size also. grade zero, u put a 6 dollar pump in, will also get a mini sand storm la.

where i put my seio 820 in my 1.5' depth tank can be seen in my thread in the tank post in members tanks and thread.

• SRC Member
wah i say put 2 seios only kanna flamed le... dun wan talk le nxt time... <_<<_<

Not say flame. Maybe bros here put abit too strong words. Everyone always forget to exercise tact when posting, as one man's kind words can be another man's flame.

everyone also entitled to their own opinion ma. If you like 2 seios in a small tank, then go ahead, it is your money, your tank, your problem. Whatever floats your boat man... <_<

• SRC Member
Not say flame. Maybe bros here put abit too strong words. Everyone always forget to exercise tact when posting, as one man's kind words can be another man's flame.

everyone also entitled to their own opinion ma. If you like 2 seios in a small tank, then go ahead, it is your money, your tank, your problem. Whatever floats your boat man... <_<

my bad my bad. :(:(

anyway bros, no offence taken or anything, wishing all reefers happy cny! i hope i get more ang baos... i collected so little. haiz.

• SRC Member

my bad my bad. :(:(

anyway bros, no offence taken or anything, wishing all reefers happy cny! i hope i get more ang baos... i collected so little. haiz.

No offense taken!!!

Just remember, use more tact! ;)