Clown fish takng Torch coral as an anemone.

zoren

hi guys,

i just noticed that my little clown fish is starting to wriggle himself in my torch coral. i guess it thinks it is an anemone. As much as how cute it is, im wondering if that is alright, for both the torch and fish.

as a result of the clown fish rubbing it, the torch will retract. and i noticed that the fish's lower lip has a white spot, looks like a blister. is that because of the torch? or is that some kind of disease? is it okay?

hope you guys can help. thank you!

• SRC Member
my clown takes my featherduster as a home. :lol:

WOW....ur featherduster must be really big...haha. It deosnt get irritated by the clown and hides?

Zoren, if the torch doesnt stay completely retracted i guess its ok. But it'll prob die from stress if it stays retracted too long....just monitor it for a while, maybe your torch will get used to the clown... :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

mine swim through the hammer

post-6-1139578337.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

as promised, my clownfish with featherduster - very sorry for the poor picture quality - reason - the clownfish will not stay on featherduster with the main tank lights on. And the clownfish is also aware that I am going to take picture so he will swim away. after many attempts these are the best 2 pictures.

post-6-1139621639.jpg