My small 2 feet tank

ong2ah

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do share with me the secrets of rearing the formia stars when u suceed.. i am sure with yr committment.. u will have a few formia stars in yr tank in no time :yeah:

U mean my impatience?!? lol

Probably will introduce a Red Formia first and see how...

Anthias bully each other?!? So the best way is to introduce all at once?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

My new addition... quite a beautiful tube worm... Whitlish green... any bros spot any nice unique color tube worms.. do let me know ok :yeah:

So now you are the official tube worms collector?!? :yeah:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

haha .. bro jervismun, i seem to have caught the worm fever... one month plus back... i got zero tubeworms in my tank... Now i got 5 liao :lol:

Though i lost my coco worm abt 1mth plus back after keeping it for 4 mths... suspected to have being sting by my tube anemone... <_< The whole worm literally came out of its hard tube and float in my tank one morning... its very gross.. and when i took the hard case tube out..the whole tube smells like..... :sick:

• SRC Member

U mean my impatience?!? lol

Probably will introduce a Red Formia first and see how...

Anthias bully each other?!? So the best way is to introduce all at once?

bro.. i do not mean u are impatient or what... i re-read my post 3 times.. still can't get why u think i am implying that :lol: anyway, i will be trying to get a formia or

a normal red star in my tank next mth... try to see got any gd deal or not...

Regarding the anthias, i did introduce them as a pair... but one died... suspect cos of my mishandling.. the anthia that is gone jump out of the container when i was transferring them in... though it seem to be ok and feeding in my tank.. it juz "go up" in the next few days... :cry: so the surviving anthia is lonely i think... so decided to get her a friend... gd intention... but ends up not so gd :blink:

Hehe bro... nah it's an old joke... I know myself, every SRC member knows how impatient I am, hehe. I am just again and again reminding myself not to go LFS and buy some LS... so hard to control actually, even when broke, still think about it day and night.

Sorry :off:

haha .. bro jervismun, i seem to have caught the worm fever... one month plus back... i got zero tubeworms in my tank... Now i got 5 liao :lol:

Though i lost my coco worm abt 1mth plus back after keeping it for 4 mths... suspected to have being sting by my tube anemone... <_< The whole worm literally came out of its hard tube and float in my tank one morning... its very gross.. and when i took the hard case tube out..the whole tube smells like..... :sick:

One thing I find tube worms is they are quite hard to display, especially the Coco worm. Everytime I see the huge tube... it sets me back a little coz dunno how to hide properly... but IMO tube worms always look very stunning in photographs. You gotten those purple and green ones? I think also hv pink ones.

• SRC Member

One thing I find tube worms is they are quite hard to display, especially the Coco worm. Everytime I see the huge tube... it sets me back a little coz dunno how to hide properly... but IMO tube worms always look very stunning in photographs. You gotten those purple and green ones? I think also hv pink ones.

ok.. i thought my words came out careless again... hahaha... btw i got one white with brown/yellow strip tubeworm... 2 purple.. one whitlish green and one lime green tubeworm.... u spotted a pink tubeworm? :yeah: do let me know if u c any unique color worms ok :lol: i noted that tubeworms also seem to have their mood... like my limegreen worm... it opens up 99% of the time when lights is off.. but only opens 10% of the time when light is on...sianz :angry:

Luckily my other 4 worms not so attitude problem.. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
Hehe bro... nah it's an old joke... I know myself, every SRC member knows how impatient I am, hehe. I am just again and again reminding myself not to go LFS and buy some LS... so hard to control actually, even when broke, still think about it day and night.

Sorry :off:

Not juz u bro, i also always frequent LFS even though my tank already congested... 10 fishes in a small 2 feet... bioload not light... luckily my fishes all not that big... only got a quite a big tilefish... which i find it very nice.. being with me half a year liao... Bro, however u get one tilefish also... got purple tilefish at AM... think i saw it abt a couple of weeks back... very nice :yeah:

Where u hide all ur worms? I can only see one (the white one)... can do a zoom in and let me drool?!? Ok lah... I will also create a Tube Worm plantation in my tank, lol.

Zoos Garden

Mushroom Farm

Tube Worm Plantation

:lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Where u hide all ur worms? I can only see one (the white one)... can do a zoom in and let me drool?!? Ok lah... I will also create a Tube Worm plantation in my tank, lol.

Zoos Garden

Mushroom Farm

Tube Worm Plantation

:lol::lol::lol:

bro, k look at my pg 3 thread.. where i got the tubeworms nicely together... :lol: Now my scraping a bit messy... scattered them a bit now... will rescrape then take photos again....

And during the recent photo taking... the tubeworms all on "vacation"... except the white one... :D

Envy u still have plenty of space for mushroom and zoos plantation... i got problem in even putting one more zoos.. :lol: i also wanted to start a sea fan plantation... next tank then got chance... so much $$$ involved... :angel:

Ooh... a Fan plantation would be very very nice... just feed mine :) So feeding the entire plantation can be quite fun also, lol.

No space? Got space... Perc90 is just a phone call a way... any of ur jewel is worth a trip cross island :heh:

• SRC Member
Ooh... a Fan plantation would be very very nice... just feed mine :) So feeding the entire plantation can be quite fun also, lol.

No space? Got space... Perc90 is just a phone call a way... any of ur jewel is worth a trip cross island :heh:

hahaha... dnt wanna end up working for amex, hsbc, ocbc and dbs....

pocket very shallow :ph34r: expensive hobby..it is :lol:

• SRC Member
Haha, my credit card burst loh!~ Have to agree its an expensive and i can't seem to stop myself buying nice corals......still in the progress of creating a sun garden. :P

:lol: i juz got myself a flame goby... 1st time getting the purple goby... Hope it

swim well after i wake up in morn ...it would be great if it join the goby gay club.. :yeah: hahaha..i have 4 gobies who stick with one another and even share the same burrow hole (courtesy of my tiger pistol shrimp) 2gether... :lol::lol:

yawn yawn...time to sleep... :angel:

• SRC Member
Hrmz, good luck with the member recruitment for your gay club! Opps, i mean your gobies' gay club. :lol: Post some pics soon yeah? :)

juz done a rescrape... think now the tank look 1 % better :lol:

My flame goby doing well... got makan... which is a gd sign :D

But sad that one of my zebra goby commited suicide...jump out of tank...this is

my 2nd suicide tank happening in my tank....The 1st was a fire goby...

Btw anyone encounter anthias and cardinal fish chasing gobies... my new anthia always bullying my old anthia... and cardinal fish also not very friendly... :( cos my flame goby being bullied around a bit...

• SRC Member

Juz finished fixing up my OF pipe... Spent a couple of hours..

my skills really lan.. :angry: 1st time fixing up..so really blur.. :blink:

Wanna specially thanks bro nakazoru for making the OF Pipe for me..

a very well done pipe :thanks::thanks::thanks:

• SRC Member
any pics bro

will try to post these two days... :lol:

Really glad that my tank overflowing days are over... :D

However my pearl green bubbles got injured due to my clumsy fingers... :(

Now open small small... hope k recover soon :ph34r:

• SRC Member

will try to post these two days... :lol:

Really glad that my tank overflowing days are over... :D

However my pearl green bubbles got injured due to my clumsy fingers... :(

Now open small small... hope k recover soon :ph34r:

Yo Bro;

Forget to tell you to be careful of the ball-valve when opening, it may come loose as you will turn it the most. ;)

If necessary, silicon it.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

Yo Bro;

Forget to tell you to be careful of the ball-valve when opening, it may come loose as you will turn it the most. ;)

If necessary, silicon it.

Thanks bro...so far still got a bit of teething problem with the OF flow...

due to my inexperience... sometimes..the siphon is lost... will monitor how.. :)

• SRC Member

Thanks bro...so far still got a bit of teething problem with the OF flow...

due to my inexperience... sometimes..the siphon is lost... will monitor how.. :)

You may remove the endcap where the air tube is attached once it is running. The flow will be slower, it is okay.

Is the pump running constant when the siphone breaks?? Close the ball valve more will help too.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.