Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member
Me upgrading?!? No lah... can't afford a Deltec tank yet :heh:... more like downgrading this round... thinking of changing my MH to T5 instead... the corals are very happy/healthy under MH... I am the only one sufferring... oh the chiller too (poor Italian guy).

Yeah... never never catch a fish out using a net, you will hurt/stress others along the way... not worth it... I have been trying trap a bit... but no success lor... will try to go buy a more reliable fish trap soon :erm:

Deltec Tank ?? :evil: Brother, that is really a luxury...something like choosing to drive a ferrari or posche in singapore... Only a minority of reefers would spurge $ on a deltec tank ... :angel:

how to catch a fish w/o using net? fishtrap would take ages... the last major exercise really taught me a lesson...juz imagine taking almost all my LR out... then after that my skimmer skimmed like crazy... really panic at that time :(

• SRC Member

Mine is a just normal ok tank only.... restricted by $$$ :lol:

Btw the overflow pipe dia is 2cm.. if i am not wrong.. i do use a ball v/v to control

The return pump from sump to main tank is a 2000l/hr pump... but due to the ball v/v opening throttled to 75% open and the head los s and pump efficiency... i suppose the return flow is < 1000l/hr flow... which i reckon, should be enough for my small 2 feet tank...

Hope my info help... perhaps u k share with me, how yr system is .. :D

Thanks Ong.

My also a similar setup like yours - 2ft standard tank. Currently diy my auto pump controller before linking up to the sump. Will keep you posted once working.

• SRC Member
My also a similar setup like yours - 2ft standard tank. Currently diy my auto pump controller before linking up to the sump. Will keep you posted once working.

Bro Chris, u also doing a overflow pipe system for yr 2 feet tank and sump system? Looking forward to see yr tank pictures soon in this members' forum :lol:

Got gd pictures, must share ok :yeah:

Yeah must share pix :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Sure bro Ong.

My DIY overflow pipe alreadi done and it's in the DIY thread;

DIY Overflow Pipe

Nice work, bro... :)

I being busy lately...almost working daily... and exams still coming up end of mth.. haiz.. :(

Recently had a small crisis in my tank.. My brown pearl bubbles not opening up big... eventually found the guilty coral (xenia) ... placed too near my bubbles.. finally had to give xenia away if not my bubbles sure game over...Now everything well and gd.. B) I am so glad... now so busy and tired...got to change my weekly water change schedule to 1wk plus instead of weekly.

I juz got my ATI Tubes ...quite excited... will take photos soon.. though the ATI will not perform to its max capability as my lightset is SOLITE.. but i am sure it will be significant better than the AQUALUX tubes. :yeah:

• SRC Member

hehehe Thx for ur Xenia and clown !! they doing great in my tank :P

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5

I juz got my ATI Tubes ...quite excited... will take photos soon.. though the ATI will not perform to its max capability as my lightset is SOLITE.. but i am sure it will be significant better than the AQUALUX tubes. :yeah:

Wow!!! Another ATI fan... this ATI craze is getting a little out of hand :lol::lol::lol: And I'm sure you can see the difference... get your sunglasses ready B)B)B)

Becareful not to bleach your corals... a bro replaced 3 x 250W MH with 6 x 80W T5 and his SPS "kena" bleach... and he didn't specify what brand... I just read from a thread this afternoon <_< He said he underestimated the power of T5 wor...

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
hehehe Thx for ur Xenia and clown !! they doing great in my tank :P

U are welcome bro. ;)

A bit pai sei to rush u that day... actually i was getting quite desperate to give away the xenia cos of my bubbles passion :lol:

• SRC Member

hehe i put ur xenia with my bubble ok leh :P with my sunny too .. and below my White pulsing Xenia .. but ur one OPEN VERY BIG .. super healthy .. kinda amzing considering we transport in a plastic BAG rofl

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5

• SRC Member

Wow!!! Another ATI fan... this ATI craze is getting a little out of hand :lol::lol::lol: And I'm sure you can see the difference... get your sunglasses ready B)B)B)

Becareful not to bleach your corals... a bro replaced 3 x 250W MH with 6 x 80W T5 and his SPS "kena" bleach... and he didn't specify what brand... I just read from a thread this afternoon <_< He said he underestimated the power of T5 wor...

Thanks for yr advise, bro jervis :D

I am sure my cheapo LPS (bubbles & frogspawn) k ta han the intensity B)

This year january, when i upgrade from T5 Low Output to T5 HO, the difference is like WOW... and my LPS really appreciate it... and unfortunately so do the ugly algae <_< So that time, i got to upgrade my system with a FR to run ROWA to chase away the algaes.. :angry:

It seem that the Upgrades possibilities dnt seen to run out in this hobby... so draining for my wallet... :lol:

Now wallet left with coins rather than dollar notes liao :angel:

Btw i got a formia star @ a very gd price recently... Now in my tank for a mth liao... N a scarred normal red star (kan na banged by a fallen rock) ... Am so glad that my system k support starfishes liao :)

• SRC Member
hehe i put ur xenia with my bubble ok leh :P with my sunny too .. and below my White pulsing Xenia .. but ur one OPEN VERY BIG .. super healthy .. kinda amzing considering we transport in a plastic BAG rofl

I have also noticed my other LPS doing ok except the bubbles which is placed a bit too close to the xenia... as u have seen my small tank.. too congested le... so no other place to put the xenia except to give away... as there is no point for me to indirectly kill the xenia by squeezing it at a low flow area. If u would like to add on the xenia, u k try T95 farm, thats where i get this big xenia :lol:

But do take note not to put LPS near yr xenia... as i have personally witness the LPS can be affected by soft coral... esp for small tank system like mine... I think yr big tank system kind of help as the volume of water is much bigger. :D

Btw, to sidetrack a bit, I spent an hour (Back-Breaking) in my effort to catch the nemo out and put it @ sump tank... Got to let it go as it is getting quarrelsome with my other fishes...In fact it cause my fire goby to commit suicide (jump out of tank). I am glad to have help it get a bigger home and i am sure it will be more peaceful and not so quarrelsome with the new spacious home :lol:

• SRC Member

FTV stands for ?? :unsure:

Btw this is how my tank looks now under the ATI Light.... Confirm got significant difference... :D

I must say that i am yet another satisfied customers of ATI Light :yeah: though their lights certainly dnt come cheap.

post-34-1151136741.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

i juz added a galaxy coral in my tank..quite excited... :yeah: though the green colour of the galaxy not very intense... hope it will soon open up to its max.. then will take photo.. its a coral that i never try before yet... but one thing i know, my tank k not support moon or brain coral... dnt understand why.. so i hope the galaxy will do well.. now started to open up a bit liao..

• SRC Member

i juz added a galaxy coral in my tank..quite excited... :yeah: though the green colour of the galaxy not very intense... hope it will soon open up to its max.. then will take photo.. its a coral that i never try before yet... but one thing i know, my tank k not support moon or brain coral... dnt understand why.. so i hope the galaxy will do well.. now started to open up a bit liao..

Err bro... I heard Galaxy can be quite nasty with its stings... I heard only, so perhaps you wanna read a bit more... at least find a right placement for it :lol: They can spread pretty quickly (just like GSP) and can attached to your LR, so you might not be able to remove/relocate is later ;)

Every tank has its "doomed species"... I can keep almost all LPS/soft corals except Mushroom/Yuma... they tend not to open big-big in my tank... dunno why ;) I heard they need relatively high nutrient water ;)

• SRC Member

Err bro... I heard Galaxy can be quite nasty with its stings... I heard only, so perhaps you wanna read a bit more... at least find a right placement for it :lol: They can spread pretty quickly (just like GSP) and can attached to your LR, so you might not be able to remove/relocate is later ;)

Every tank has its "doomed species"... I can keep almost all LPS/soft corals except Mushroom/Yuma... they tend not to open big-big in my tank... dunno why ;) I heard they need relatively high nutrient water ;)

bro, thanks for yr advise... point noted... ;)

I placed it at the top of my rock...near high flow area... i read up that it need strong lights.. so placing at the top will enable it to get more light... Now opening up a bit more... Hope k see its full glory soon... though when buying that time, i noted that its green colour is not very immense.. and its quite a small piece so dnt really look that great :pinch:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

My Bubbles after feeding roti-feast... k feel that it kinda appreciate the food ;)

like what bro jervis say, a variety of food will make the corals happy....

in the past i juz give my corals light and let them try to snatch mysis shrimps

from the hungry fishes... :lol:

post-34-1153209905.jpg