Help & Advice needed

Patrick

• SRC Member

Know this may not be the right forum but it is the most active - need help and advice fast.

I have a 5ft (L) by 1.5ft (W) and 2 ft (H) tank. glass thickness is 13mm. The centre bracing dropped out. Will this affect the tank? Any bros with the same experience? Any tank repairer can do the job if repair is need?

Thanks!

Bro,

Don't take chances man....get it fixed asap! i have personally encountered a bow tank before...scary and quickly drained out half the capacity. Mine was a 3 feet normal tank (6mm). The pressure within is great for a 5 feet..... I urge you better drain out of half of it's capacity and fix the center bracing asap cos it dangerous to everyone at home.

Good luck.

• SRC Member

jus my opinion.....fixing the center n drain haf is jus a temp solution if urs onli got both side n a center brace only.....jus wanna ask is urs fully brace??

me too encounter tis b4 wen i jus started tis hobby....then change to current 3X2X2ft tank w 15mm thickness(abit kiasu) n fully brace....i dun wanna take any risk n hassle anymore

jus my opinion.....fixing the center n drain haf is jus a temp solution if urs onli got both side n a center brace only.....jus wanna ask is urs fully brace??

me too encounter tis b4 wen i jus started tis hobby....then change to current 3X2X2ft tank w 15mm thickness(abit kiasu) n fully brace....i dun wanna take any risk n hassle anymore

Is this question for me? :whistle

• SRC Member

brother...i once had a friend who's centre bracing dropped out and he bo chap...then wat happened was the front panel BULGED outwards...u should've seen it yrself...it scared the hell out of me and him...he quickly decommissioned the tank and got the new one...imagine wat would happen when the front glass falls off or cracks or just shatters....u can just imagine....