Pictures of my tank, present and old

nivlac

• SRC Member

Hi guys, some new pictures of my tank and its inhabitants.......compared to pictures of it taken exactly 1.5 years ago, and pics of the tank when it was freshwater....

Was a bit nostalgic as I went through the pics....

DSCF0085.JPG

Pic of clams as viewed from top

DSCF0084.JPG

Pic of clams as viewed from front of aquarium

DSCF0074.JPG

Pic of my green roti prata

DSCF0076.JPG

My orange prata

DSCF0077.JPG

More orange pratas

DSCF0083.JPG

How the aquarium looks now

2000_0126_025658AA.JPG

How it looked when just set up

DSCF0036.JPG

How it looked 2 days before the reef tank was set up

DSCF0014.JPG

The altum angels I had to sell to raise money for reef.....sob!

Man, don't we really move on in this hobby?

• SRC Member

I'm curious...do those 'pratas' look dat nice? (different tastes i guess, heheh) What kinda corals are they? Photosynthetic? Look kinda wierd...which LFS can u find them?

Oops, hope NIVLAC or possibly some other 'prata' fans dont slam me for my comment hahah :lol:

• SRC Member
I'm Bedazzled... U really are a pro to have taken on Freshwater plant tank as well... Hated the pruning so much i didnt even think of going there... :rolleyes:

Tks bro.....one thing I really hate about planted tanks is the pruning, and that's assuming you manage to keep Black beard algae at bay!

All that maintenance is like bonsai, very time consuming, which is why I switched to marine....

• SRC Member
Nivlac, wat do the pratas require? Do they eat? They prefer low or strong light? Current-wise? THANX IN ADVANCE...

;)

Pratas happen to be my fav coral. Was inspired by those I had seen at Aquatechnic long ago.

Lighting wise, they are not very demanding, and prefer to be placed in a place where current is not stong. Rather easy to keep they are. I feed mine with some krill once in a while too.

• SRC Member
Wow! You must be a Roti Prata seller! :rolleyes:

Nice tank you got there!!!

Need chiller???

Ya man. Wish I could make my pratas as goodas Thasevi at Seletar....... :)

Speaking of which, I was told once by my part time domestic helper who hails from the Philippines that they eat corals like the prata brain because they are so 'meaty'! What a bloody waste!

Yes, chiller needed. I lost 2 open brain corals when my old chiller spoilt recently and temp shot up to 29. Temp in my tank is set at 27 (on the chiller) but the actual tank temp fluctuates from 25 to 27 degrees.

• SRC Member

Eat corals?!?! :( Never knew they were edible.

I know Tridacnid clams are tasty! Ate a couple of T. gigas before. Nice and crunchy.

Very beautiful tank! Not a big fan of prata (ate too much after 2 years at Seletar camp) but I love those clams! Yum yum. :lol:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif