Ian's Overgrown Nano!

iantoh

• SRC Member

Hi there everyone!!!

thanks for popping in to check out my tank thread. as some of you might have heard, I finally got my black cap yesterday, after more than a years wait, so i feel more relieved and less gan chiong now, so shall post some pics of my present set up to share with everyone. All comments are welcome.

note of thanks:

I owe many thanks to all the bros who have given me a helping hand one way or another, with frags, advice, support, etc, but there are too many to list, and im afraid i might accidentally miss someone out, so you know who you guys are ya! also, in particular, thanks to my good friend, nicholas, who came by to help me take the following pics yesterday.

cheers,

ian

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

hi there venezia, fuel, tridacna maxima, and qxnviolet,

thanks for all the lovely comments. :wub:

fuel, thanks. i doubt ill manage to pair them up la. apparently, from what ive found out, black caps spend most of their lives solitarily, and only meet during mating seasons, so its advised that black caps be kept singly. i know that minyh on RC has kept a mating pair for long, but not sure how im to go about sexing them without putting them under undue stress. if youve got hints on how to do that, must share ya!

venezia, thanks. you free can come by pick up some frags ya.

bro tridacna maxima, I shall try to post some pics on my equipment and filtration set up soon as i get the pics which were taken of them sent to me. shall elaborate more on how ive got the system set-up then ya. thanks for the compliments.

qxnviolet, thanks. im dying to get a pic of the black cap too- if just to use a pic of my own black cap as my avatar pic, but its been really elusive, so got to wait a while for it to get accustomed to the tank and its inhabitants i think.

in the meantime, stand by for more pics. :P

• SRC Member

For the black cap, just give it time.

It took my royal gamma about 3 months to get bolder and linger in the front of my tank.

Your tank's sweet. Making me regret my choice of going into FOWLR.

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

a closer pic of the centre piece in my tank, the pink milli.

from eye level outside the tank:

redmillepora15ip.jpg

and from above, taken with a submersible digicam because i cant turn off my two return pumps to create the still surface as they often fail to start again, so thank goodness my friend had an underwater casing:

redmilli57aa.jpg