Jervis' Nano Cube

jervismun

• SRC Member

Bro;

You put the blue tang in the main tank? Your first blue tang? Be careful as they are really prone to ich....

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro;

You put the blue tang in the main tank? Your first blue tang? Be careful as they are really prone to ich....

Ok I will monitor is closely... I will also do some reading on Ich. Hopefully this specimen will do alright. Here's a pix of my BT in the main tank. It's quite small, so the Chromis in front looks kinda large. Sorry bout the leather in the foreground, I moved it just now, so all the little arms retracted.

post-34-1142602305.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

haha cute fella!

for my BT, i did a 10 min FW dip with them before i put them into the beta cage for monitoring, and i find that very useful... removes ich totally... once you see it start scratching, better remove it immediately...

they are greedy fellas, everytime i feed my fishes, the BT will juz carry on eating non stop, until it bloats up so fat, and still continues eating.,.. haiz. worried its tummy might juz pop one day...

haha cute fella!

for my BT, i did a 10 min FW dip with them before i put them into the beta cage for monitoring, and i find that very useful... removes ich totally... once you see it start scratching, better remove it immediately...

they are greedy fellas, everytime i feed my fishes, the BT will juz carry on eating non stop, until it bloats up so fat, and still continues eating.,.. haiz. worried its tummy might juz pop one day...

It doesn't scratch againts rock or anything... it just pecks on the glass. Partly amazed by its own reflection, partly to taste my yummy, nutritious algae! It is very active and always hang around my wavemaker. It is the only fish that can withstand my wavemaker... very good swimmer I must say. Even the Chromis is "no-fight" :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I saw some "unbelievably" small ###### Shrimp at AM just now. Do you think my LS especially the BT and the Hermit will take these tiny guys as breakfast? A bunch of Sexies can be quite a sight. Also afraid my corals will swallow them alive, lol.

What's your view?

• SRC Member
I saw some "unbelievably" small ###### Shrimp at AM just now. Do you think my LS especially the BT and the Hermit will take these tiny guys as breakfast? A bunch of Sexies can be quite a sight. Also afraid my corals will swallow them alive, lol.

What's your view?

So far the ###### Shrimp I bought has survived a week. But its important to host it near somthing nasty when you first introduce it to the tank.

When it was first released, it hid behind the tank. I had to introduce it to the Plate Coral, cos it looks like an anemone...also I have been told the plate coral gives a sting... So now the ###### is happy there. I think like the anemone shrimp, the ###### shrimp should be immune to the sting of the pate coral.

There has been some advances from the big boxer shrimp to move in on the ######, but sexies move kinda fast and are extremely alert. So they dash into or under their host at lightning speed!

I bought mine from AM as well for $5. I suggest you pick the biggest, because they have very tiny baby ones as well..would reccomend you stay away from those small ones...no matter how they shake their bonbons. :yeah:

So far the ###### Shrimp I bought has survived a week. But its important to host it near somthing nasty when you first introduce it to the tank.

When it was first released, it hid behind the tank. I had to introduce it to the Plate Coral, cos it looks like an anemone...also I have been told the plate coral gives a sting... So now the ###### is happy there. I think like the anemone shrimp, the ###### shrimp should be immune to the sting of the pate coral.

There has been some advances from the big boxer shrimp to move in on the ######, but sexies move kinda fast and are extremely alert. So they dash into or under their host at lightning speed!

I bought mine from AM as well for $5. I suggest you pick the biggest, because they have very tiny baby ones as well..would reccomend you stay away from those small ones...no matter how they shake their bonbons. :yeah:

Thanks! AM only left with those babies... prob $2 each! lol

Here's a pix of my Hammer Coral. Is it considered fully open? Or the tentacles will actually extend out further?

post-34-1142605526.jpg

These guys work so hard... they came up to get some fresh air, lol.

post-34-1142605618.jpg

Is that why they do that? Everytime my turbo comes up, I send him right back down... :pirate:

I have no idea actually... perhaps they are taking a puff, lol. Whenever they came up, I will pick them up and place them on those areas that I need them to clean esp side glass. So cruel... no ciggy break for Turbos. :evil:

Hows your sand looking? Spanking clean? Your 2 spots shouold be going for round 2 by now... :lol:

No my sand bed is not very clean :cry2: Well... give the Hermit, 2 Spots and Sand Sifting Star a few more days lah!?! My 2 Spots is a tiny specimen, so can't expect much from it atm. But it does mesmerizes me everytime I look at it... the hovering... the sifting of sand... the fluorescent blue dots beneath its body... pretty cool! Will post picture of my sand bed once the MH is on.

Erm, monitor the 2 spot for some time and you'll find them digging holes on your sandbed, at times beside your corals and rocks. Pretty irritating habit i must say. :lol:

It already did! lol... dug a hole at the back corner of the tank. Since it is at the back... I shall let it (for the time being). Hopefully it will not mess up my frontal portion :unsure: But it's quite tiny, so don't think can do much damage to the surrounding... (hehe prove me wrong, lol).

A nice group shot... in order to fit the Hammer, I moved the Alveopora to the higher back. Apparently not doing well as the current is a little too strong there. Will find a new location for it so that it can return to its former glory! :angel:

The Rhodactis is looking healthier by day... em I wonder how large when it's fully opened. Can't wait to see that.

Dosed 1/4 cap of KM Essential Elements, Liquid Calcium, Strontium & Molybdenum, Iodine this morning (in a 15 min interval between them). 1/4 cap is almost half of the recommended dosage. I will dose more frequent instead of full dosage. Protein Skimmer is off now for a couple of hours :)

post-34-1142662993.jpg

Thanks! AM only left with those babies... prob $2 each! lol

Here's a pix of my Hammer Coral. Is it considered fully open? Or the tentacles will actually extend out further?

They will open up even bigger... This is only about half open...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

They will open up even bigger... This is only about half open...

Yeah I notice... it's opening more and more each day. Will post a pix when it opens fully. Due to this reason, I have to reshuffle my corals again, they tend to sting each other and my Alveopora is always the fragile one. I think Frogspawn stings are quite nasty. :evil:

Dosed 1/4 cap of KM Essential Elements, Liquid Calcium, Strontium & Molybdenum, Iodine this morning (in a 15 min interval between them). 1/4 cap is almost half of the recommended dosage. I will dose more frequent instead of full dosage. Protein Skimmer is off now for a couple of hours :)

Bro... For these "Calcium, Strontium & Molybdenum, Iodine", try not to dose these unless you are going to test for them... You might never know whether is it too much of these...

I normally dun dose these cos they will be replaced through water changes...

Member of:

Bro... For these "Calcium, Strontium & Molybdenum, Iodine", try not to dose these unless you are going to test for them... You might never know whether is it too much of these...

I normally dun dose these cos they will be replaced through water changes...

Ok I will take your advise and dose lesser, maybe 1/8 of a cap, lol. Yes I will be testing them pretty soon, but I heard the test kits are normally unrealiable and too much a hassle. I'll see how... thinking of getting a small clam tomorrow :D

Ok I will take your advise and dose lesser, maybe 1/8 of a cap, lol. Yes I will be testing them pretty soon, but I heard the test kits are normally unrealiable and too much a hassle. I'll see how... thinking of getting a small clam tomorrow :D

Ya... The testkits for these elements are not very accurate becos of some reason(cant remember liao)... lol... Actually you can try those nicer and rarer corals liao... Your tank condition is considered quite good liao...

Member of:

Thanks :paiseh: but those rare corals are quite exp... spent all my $$$ on the setup, gotto wait a while and recover first. Like the Ultra Maxima @ AM is selling at $80 a piece (small specimen) and that's a lot of money for a newbie's experiment, lol. :heh: