Jervis' Nano Cube

jervismun

hey bro... ya wanna get the mini tunze arh? me too leh! lets get it together, so we dun need to pay dat delivery fee of 4 bucks if its below 50.. haha. yes, i am a cheapo guy...

Bro I do not need the Tunze mini atm... but yes, if I have things to buy I will let you know. But u might need to collect from me though :upsidedown:

Here's a nice shot of both my new LS... :wub: the Croceas, hope it will do well in my tank.

post-34-1142783144.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man... see what my baby Blue Tang is kissing... :pinch: I've came across this behaviour more than twice today... oh my poor Sea Fan :cry2:

post-34-1142784544.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

No lah! Those dark patches are actually the glass bottom. I was telling you guys how clean my back is, lol. The filter inlets are ###### everything nicely... especially the ReefPack 500. If needed, I can always add a small Tunze powerhead down there. :P

Ooo! Oops! Sorry dude. My mistake.

THATS WHY

I have my glasses on all the time. :D

• SRC Member
Oh man... see what my baby Blue Tang is kissing... :pinch: I've came across this behaviour more than twice today... oh my poor Sea Fan :cry2:

Hmm.. Its not the first time you reported having such a sighting.

I think your blue tang is hungry. And no. It's not making a meal out of your sea fan. But it is gonna stress it in a way.

What I think is, I think he is trying to eat the food that are left inside the polyps of the sea fan. Thats why he is pecking non stop.

BUT

Its a bad action. Shld stop someway :(

Hmm.. Its not the first time you reported having such a sighting.

I think your blue tang is hungry. And no. It's not making a meal out of your sea fan. But it is gonna stress it in a way.

What I think is, I think he is trying to eat the food that are left inside the polyps of the sea fan. Thats why he is pecking non stop.

BUT

Its a bad action. Shld stop someway :(

Ok I will feed the BT with seaweed of something... notice all my algae are gone!!! I think I might have been too protective over my Blue Sea Fan :blink:

Passed by RB after work and can't resist the temptation of getting another piece of coral...

Orange Spotted Ricordea Mushroom (Ricordea yuma)

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...pcatid=2081&N=0

According to Liveaquaria "This type of mushroom is highly prized by the avid collector and makes a vibrant addition to the reef aquarium. Collected in small numbers, this coral is in very high demand by the discriminating reef aquarist"... :D

Just finish acclimatization not too long ago... allow them (2 shrooms in a single rock... lucky me) a bit more time to settle down. Will post some nice pix later tonight :heh:

post-34-1142855875.jpg

nice yuma

Thanks bro... and here's a shot (bird's eye view) of my clam :ph34r: very shy clam :fear:

post-34-1142857786.jpg

Hehe not shy anymore :yeah:

post-34-1142860718.jpg

Emm... could this be a hairy mushroom instead of a yuma? It looks so brown in my tank... it glows orange at the LFS tank just now :(

post-34-1142869210.jpg

It is a Yumas... Again the glowing is due to the lighting they use... Can be misleading as in what is the original color under white lighting...

Thanks for the ID (confirmation)... yeah such a sad situation... all my corals are kinda brownish under the single 14000ºK MH except :wub: the Croceas :wub:

Will definitely plan some Atinics into my future tank :)

Go check out Elimmel's tank!!! He added a "couple of" clams into his nano... wow! Inspirational :peace:

Jervis...how much did you buy your MH for? considering to add 1 more.... :lol:

PMed you!

• SRC Member
It is a Yumas... Again the glowing is due to the lighting they use... Can be misleading as in what is the original color under white lighting...

Hi Jervis,

Cool Clam! :yeah: It looks really healthy!

Hi Terryz,

How can we distinguish a hairy mushroom from a yumas?

If it from the mouth at the center for yumas? :blink:

I know... it's kinda confusing as they are quite similar looking. See if this latest shot will make things clearer :)

post-34-1142942281.jpg

Woah..what a beauty! It looks like its got a stem of some sort.

That's why I am confused... I thot Yumas doesn't come with stems... yeah it's a beauty and quite large too. Around 4" diameter. Spotted some babies on the same rock B)

Something isn't right with the Toadstool Leather... the tiny tentacles are all closed the whole day and there's a layer of glossiness on it (visible on the upper right corner in the pix). Should I wait and see? Or something bad is happening? :nuke:

post-34-1142958610.jpg

I know... it's kinda confusing as they are quite similar looking. See if this latest shot will make things clearer :)

It seems like it is extending for more light.. lol...Perhaps you can shift it a little...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Something isn't right with the Toadstool Leather... the tiny tentacles are all closed the whole day and there's a layer of glossiness on it (visible on the upper right corner in the pix). Should I wait and see? Or something bad is happening? :nuke:

It's normal for leather corals to produce a mucus slough. It does this to remove detritus that has built up on it. The sloughs can be unsightly though. :lol:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

It seems like it is extending for more light.. lol...Perhaps you can shift it a little...

Em... I didn't know Yuma requires a lot of MH... ok I will try to move it to a higher ground tonight. It's water changing day today!!! :unsure:

:thanks: Terryz and Fuel :thanks: