Jelly Fish

d88p

• SRC Member

Haha, you are the pet detective mah, everything also can catch...oh, when will you be going for your "fishing" again? Maybe can organise a gropu outing yah? Sounds pretty fun.... :lol: Btw, i love nudis! AM alwats has these very nicely coloured ones...anyone has any success in keeping them before?

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

where else can we find jelly?! haha I couldn't get to find any of them in any of the LFS... and a group outing seems fun too

Yup, saw at AM & many pieces (blue,pinkish) at LCK110.

Another place to view the Jelly Fish is at Sentosa Underwater World, there have a special tank just for this beautiful fish. :lol:

• SRC Member

Yep, seen twice shipments of Jelly fishes at Ah Beng's so cute, very tempted to buy. But i know its impossible for me.

Jellyfish need cyclindrical tanks, NOT square/rectangular tanks; they only swim 1 direction and cannot reverse, so they tend to get stuck in a corner of square/rectangle tank. It WILL eat ur small fishes, so cannot keep in our fish tank also.

As for nudibranches... I failed. and its sad to see such a pretty thing die; (and when they died tragically, they bring along the tank population with themso i wun wanna let this happen again, so i dun keep. Jellyfishes and nudibranchs belongs to the ocean, not our tanks.

Their diet and behaviour is so unpredictable that its almost impossible to replicate their natural environment in our tanks.

dancing_girl2.gifSpirit.gif

• SRC Member

yes they are difficult to keep but still there are possibilites in keeping them. but you cannot expect to succeed with them with any first tries. it would be best to leave them alone in the ocean but if you are capable of providing them with tanks that only accustom to their special needs and I mean only specially for them and no other inhabitants then you would most likely have a higher chance of success.

• SRC Member

Yo Jellyfish lovers...now your dreams has come true...you can now own a jellyfish life support system with confidence. It's called JELLIQUARIUM :yeah: Check this link at www.jellyfishtank.com !!! :rolleyes:;)

Nothing is Impossible...as long as there's $$$. :lol:

• SRC Member