Chris Yew's 19Gal Nano 2ft tank

chrisyew

• SRC Member

Tank used : It's a complimentary tank from my friend Jack Ng to replace my old standard 2ft tank. It's size is also a 2ft tank but the height is taller.

Note : This setup is rather standard using a normal 2ft tank without any overflow or sump tank below. There is no chiller and fan for the past 6mths since setup. All rocks are transfer from old tank.

Tank measurement : 60cm x 30cm x 45cm (water vol. 19 gal or 72 l)

Lights : 3 x T5 (3 x 24W, 2 white and 1 blue) + 1 T4 20W Blue. Total 92W.

Powerhead : Seio 620.

Skimmer and sump : DIY skimmer and sump (SOB). See here;

DIY SOB Nano Skimmer and Sump

The DIY Stand On Back (SOB) Skimmer and Sump;

ss3.jpg

• SRC Member

I will show some close-up views of those gems inside the tank first before the whole tank view as it's not fully filled up yet.

All photos are taken with an old compact Nikon Coolpix 775 so the focusing and exposure are all auto and have no manual override. Sorri if the photos are not up to standard.

The Alveopora Close up;

alveopora2.jpg

The Alveopora standing on the sandbed;

alveopora1.jpg

Your DIY sump is very inspirational... can you PM me the contact who did your sump for you? Don't tell me you construct it yourself... B)

Keep those pix coming! And you Coolpix is doing fine :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Your DIY sump is very inspirational... can you PM me the contact who did your sump for you? Don't tell me you construct it yourself... B)

Keep those pix coming! And you Coolpix is doing fine :D

Thanks bro.

Yes, it's my own DIY as in the linked thread. :D

More pics coming soon.

Hey cool close ups, your digicam is good. Yes those are still considered mushroom... can't remember the name, check out www.liveaquaria.com... saw it last night.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Not so sure if this is a Yellow Alveopora or Goniopora, anyone can count the tentacles? Sometimes I count is 12 and sometimes it's 24 hehe, give up.

Note : The actual coral is actually more yellow than shown in the photo.

Close up;

yellow_alveopora_1.jpg

Whole view;

yellow_alveopora_2.jpg

Not so sure if this is a Yellow Alveopora or Goniopora, anyone can count the tentacles? Sometimes I count is 12 and sometimes it's 24 hehe, give up.

Note : The actual coral is actually more yellow than shown in the photo.

Close up;

yellow_alveopora_1.jpg

Whole view;

yellow_alveopora_2.jpg

definately more than 12 man. i think it is a gonio . common name jewel. ur green is outstanding .

heh, ur DIY is terribly interesting . is the skimate great ?>:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

definately more than 12 man. i think it is a gonio . common name jewel. ur green is outstanding .

heh, ur DIY is terribly interesting . is the skimate great ?>:

Hi Hammy and all,

Thanks for all the compliments.

The skimmate is not those dry skimmate but wet. It's not as great as those purchased off the shelf skimmer but of course cost wise, it's much cheaper and the powerhead is onli a Ehiem compact 300. Low power consumption and not noisy and very little heat generated inside the tank.

You see the photo below is the skimmate;

post-69-1141779471.jpg