buBbLe cOrAls

FionaFiona

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubbles are relatively cheap and hardy corals. Got my first from reborn. Survived though my water temp was 31 to 32 when my lights were on.

Unfortunately, Upgrading works in my block killed my whole tank. Hai.

Anyway, reborn usually carries quite a bit of them. If u are looking for bubbles, give them a call or drop by.

Sorry guys not advertising reborn but never been to other reputable places like aquamarin so i not so sure what stocks are there.

Cheers,

Wee

• SRC Member

i got ask an auntie from a LFS before.... she said not all bubbles will bloom up to BIG bubbles. some remain small. thats why the prices for those specimens that can bloom up big cost much more expensive than those that remain small.

your bubble has nice color though~ :)

well, my thumb of rule is to view the full bloom size of the bubble before i decide to buy. if it didn't open in my tank like it does in the LFS, then i'll know the prob lies in my tank.

• SRC Member
Unfortunately, Upgrading works in my block killed my whole tank. Hai.

Hrmz, upgrading works killed your whole tank? :blink: They cut off the electrical supply to your whole block u mean?

Colin, yours belong to the pearl bubble family, judging the size from your picture, its already somewhere there, nothing to worry about. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

Hrmz, upgrading works killed your whole tank? :blink: They cut off the electrical supply to your whole block u mean?

Colin, yours belong to the pearl bubble family, judging the size from your picture, its already somewhere there, nothing to worry about. :)

okok thanx bro.. juz realised its quite healthy... nothing wrong wif it...

thanx bro!

The upgrading caused the electrical socket that all my equipment depended on short circuited. All my pumps were blown and melted. Since i covered my tank with news paper to stop dust from getting in, i didn't noticed. so the whole tank of living things DIED. Very sad man. My bubble survived a while before if melted away too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Last time i never use chiller oso always melt. Now i have a chiller seem okie.

So how long did u kept the bubble at this temp? I am thinking of keeping one. Using fan to keep the temp 27-29 degree. Possible to keep one?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

My tank has no chiller...temp normal at 27.5C... bubbles, torch, fake octo, gonio, pipe, hammer, prata, brain, fox, rose...all doing well for for almost 6 mths, 2 branches of hammer died bcos it fed on dead anemone...hahaha

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

can I place 2 bubbles close together, will they sting each other?

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos

• SRC Member

I dnt think so.. anyway, i have tried that.... a few mths back..put my brown pearl bubbles and green cateye bubble next to each other... they got "kiss" each other :lol: but no harm loh... from the info i get in this forum..its absolutely no problem to place corals of the same family 2gether ;)

• SRC Member

No worries . they can be placed near one another. I've got a bubble whereby its tentacles are touching my brian and its still alright. No casualties :ph34r:

But when my frogsprawn got too close to the bubble, both clashes and sting one another :evil:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

No worries . they can be placed near one another. I've got a bubble whereby its tentacles are touching my brian and its still alright. No casualties :ph34r:

But when my frogsprawn got too close to the bubble, both clashes and sting one another :evil:

how about Jewel and Bubble? was thinking of placing them close....

2 Feet Tank: (Decom Feb 2015)
-Lightings : Pharos LED light 90W with wireless controller
-Chiller : Arctica 1/10HP with H2Ocean Flow Pump 2000

-Wavemaker : Vortech MP10ES
-Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC 3.5

-Return Pump : Eheim Compact 3000
-Reactor – TLF150 (Mod) with NP Biopellet
-Reactor – TLF150 with Rowaphos