problems here ....?

Hi once again , saturday, i just added a piece of 800g fuji life rock into my tank. It was very nice .but the problem is when i woke up this morning, on the top of the life rock , i found some light green things on the top of the rock (looks like mould). Is this harmful to my fish . Now nothing happen to my fish but i am worried that it may harm my fish in the future . Is this thing harmful to my fishes? :thanks::thanks::thanks:

FISH INFO ; 1 clearner shrimp

1yellow tail damsel

1 half (yellow-blue) damsel

1 common clown

1 african clown

so you mean i should take the rock out to scrub that thing off. By the way 2 questions to ask 1) is it harmful if not taken out

2)what is siphoning ?

Ya i have completed my cycling... :thanks::eyeblur:

A Big Great Thanks...

1. Take it out.

2. Smell it.

3. If you feel like puking... turn away and take a breath of fresh air. :D Then scrub it off your rock.

4. If you don't... then put it back inside your tank and get a proper ID for that green patch... it could be either coral, sponge or algae or some marine invertebrates.

Pink lights are unsuitable for marine tank use. If your inhabitants are dying because of the wrong type of lighting use... your priority should be to change it asap.

• SRC Member

Are you sure you are having the fuji rock? Dont look clean to me, with those macroalgae growing on it. How much are you paying per KG?

I see on the left side, seem to have some dead rock.. u mixing?

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member
Thank you so much  RUFF for helping me newbie. I dont know who to do that once again Thanks :thanks:

No prob giantbicycle. I learnt 2 resize frm SRC reefers too, anyway I understand that newbies might not know how 2 resize their pics (just like I didn't), so just thought I'll help.

Anyway, this is how I resized :

1. Go to yr "START" button on yr desktop & click.

2. Go 2 "ALL PROGRAMS" & find "ACCESSORIES"

3. Go 2 "PAINT" & click.

4. Go to "FILE" & click "OPEN" the image/picture U want 2 resize.

5. Go 2 "IMAGE" & click on "STRETCH/SKEW".

6. In the "HORIZONTAL" & "VERTICAL" box, I usually enter between 40% to 60% (depending on the actual size of the original picture).

7. Remember 2 "SAVE" yr new & improved photo :D.

Happy Editing!!!

:peace:

• SRC Member
Thank you  Ruff for your kindness into teaching me . Thanks .do you know what cause this on my life rock. It couldnt be any corals or inverterbrates.

Hehe ... glad 2 B of little assistance :D . Unfortunately, I'm pretty new 2 marine keeping myself, so I dare not advise or offer my limited knowledge 2 U, lest its the wrong info.

MayB its better 2 wait 4 the experts 2 lend U a hand. I think it might help a little if U can re-post a better/clearer pic 4 them 2 look see & diagnose 4 U.

Good Luck!

:peace: