Sticking SPS frags

• SRC Member

hi there bro,

use either loctite super glue gel or 3M scotch super glue gel. these are the two reef safe types that may be applied on the frags outside of water, then inserted into water for sticking onto rocks, etc. the active ingredient is ethyl cyanacrylate. this is the ingredient that causes the glue to form an outer skin, preventing it from just dispersing into the water column.

squeeze a big glob of glue gel on the base of the frag outside water, enter the frag with glue into water, then holding the frag, rub the glob of glue against the area you wish to stick the frag for a few seconds till a spider webby like mesh thing is formed then press and hold for about 10 seconds and presto, your frag is glued.

cheers,

ian

hi there bro,

use either loctite super glue gel or 3M scotch super glue gel. these are the two reef safe types that may be applied on the frags outside of water, then inserted into water for sticking onto rocks, etc. the active ingredient is ethyl cyanacrylate. this is the ingredient that causes the glue to form an outer skin, preventing it from just dispersing into the water column.

squeeze a big glob of glue gel on the base of the frag outside water, enter the frag with glue into water, then holding the frag, rub the glob of glue against the area you wish to stick the frag for a few seconds till a spider webby like mesh thing is formed then press and hold for about 10 seconds and presto, your frag is glued.

cheers,

ian

Wow ! :o ian,

It's me, James.

It ready work well, but i've used 3 tubes of gel inorder to glue the 5 coral that bought from ian! :angry:

Next time must think of a way to reduce the cost on the glue side! :evil::lol:

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Thanks bro Ian... my first batch of SPS should arrive next week :-) Will get myself some 3M glue gel.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

hi there guys,

ya man. the 3m super glue gel is dead expensive. when i changed out my old live rocks, i knew i couldnt afford to spend another $50 on super glue to glue back all my sps frags and what not, so decided to let some go, then take things slow.

nice to hear that the glueing method worked well for you james.

bro jervismun, are you ordering in your sps? or getting them from another reefer?

cheers all,

ian

hi there guys,

ya man. the 3m super glue gel is dead expensive. when i changed out my old live rocks, i knew i couldnt afford to spend another $50 on super glue to glue back all my sps frags and what not, so decided to let some go, then take things slow.

nice to hear that the glueing method worked well for you james.

bro jervismun, are you ordering in your sps? or getting them from another reefer?

cheers all,

ian

From another reefer... he is kind enough to offer me "buy 1 get 3 free", lol. Will collect from him mid this week, he is staying near my place... hehe I know you are a kind soul too... hint hint :heh:

Oh I actually bought a box of Tunze Coral Fix... yet to experiment with it... 3M better or Tunze better?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

oh, ive not tried out the tunze coral fix thingee yet. maybe you can give us another one of your fantastic reviews ya. where dyou get it though? did it come with the tunze nano set? as for frags, ill keep you informed ya. plan to start something soon with regards to that.

cheers,

ian

I got it from PR... Reefdepot also selling at $15 per box, contains 2 parts:

Coral Fix - 112 g (4 oz.)

Epoxy resin based adhesive for safe attachment of coral offshoots on stone substrates. Dyed red, similar to calcareous algae, suitable especially for coral reef aquarium.

Haha another Tunze Review... why not, lol. Oh I am revealing now... my new custom tank will use ONLY Tunze stuff, lol.

post-22-1143428685.jpg

wow.. high end stuff man- tunze.

i dont favour epoxy type adhesives though, as they only form a shape in which the coral is held, as opposed to really adhering the coral like super glue gels. but do tell us how it goes ya. im sure the tunze product is good in its own right.

cheers,

ian

yep, if only the darn superglue gels aren't so exp! :angry:

Jervis, so u finally can't resist the temptation ?! :evil:

yep, if only the darn superglue gels aren't so exp! :angry:

Jervis, so u finally can't resist the temptation ?! :evil:

Yupe I think I am ready to move to the next level... hehe! Wish me luck :D