anyone seen a sea cucumber's guts out?

• SRC Member

my sea cucumber(black base and yellow bumps) has this yellow stuff right beside it when i came home one day. it appeared after i added my 2 turbo snails and 1 hermit crab into the tank. i tried reading the net for more information for the behaviour of the sea cucumber and i suspect that it was scared and had its guts out.

it's still living now now though it looks a little thinner than before. anyone has any advice on this behaviour or substance? do i need to remove it?

any advise is greatly appreciated!!!! :bow:

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

You have to ask Morgan that. ;)

He takes sea cucumbers and sprays his students with their guts underwater.... extremely sticky and difficult to remove from wetsuits... not something that I would recommend or encourage.

• SRC Supporter

Well, I had one that decided to do a nuke out on my reef......

Was fortunate that I discovered it with its entrails which is disgusting pinkish red in colour ..... did not wait too long to see its effects on my reef.....

Phew...... Imagine a cuke nuke on my SPS reef...... :nuke::nuke:

Learnt my lesson.... no more cukes for me......

• SRC Member

lol..... i had the "guts" (not even sure if it's the guts in the first place!!!) there for say, eh, 4 days already...doesn't seem to come off with the currents but my cucumber is still roaming around the top and side of the tank.....

should i leave it alone or would it decompose, etc etc etc?????? :erm: kekeekke, a little lazy to scrub it off the tank.....

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

:cry::cry::cry2::cry2: My 2 ft tank was wiped out because of one yellow cucumber!!!

It all happened because of this.................

When it spilled its guts, it died(duh) and affected a bigger cucumber. Later parts of flesh of the cucumber dropped off(ewww...) and that, of course lead to a higher concentration of "poison"...............

Plz dont take the risk......ps: even my sponge turned pale........